Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/15/2003 3:36:17 PM EDT
For some time now I participate in tacrifle matches or better put practical rifle matches...

Time for some shameless "look at me at the range" pics...

Pictures were taken on an indoor 100 meter range....

Weapon: my Ak47 with EKP-8-2 Kobra sight now replaced with the ultimak/aimpoint combo.

Link Posted: 11/15/2003 3:42:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice pics...What kind of AK?

KF
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 3:42:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Cool .......
But if I rode down the street on a bike with
an AK slung on my back I think the neighbors
would call 911
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 3:46:54 PM EDT
[#3]
You didn't like the Kobra?

Wanna sell yours?
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 3:51:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 3:57:40 PM EDT
[#5]
It's great to see these types of photos.  The assholes on the other board would do nothing but criticize right about now.  Glad I left that board and those losers behind.

Do they let you keep your weapons at home?
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 4:01:06 PM EDT
[#6]
What kind of spare parts do you have access to???

KF
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 5:13:31 PM EDT
[#7]
@ Krinkfreak; Hungarian FEG AK47 on a milled receiver in 7,62x39 mm w/Bulgarian stockset and Krebs Custom AK74 style brake..
Partswise, I can basicly order anything..parts in stock at stores are scarce except maybe magazines(mostly Bulgarian and Eastern German). Most parts I order are from the US(either Comblock made or US made). But apart from FA parts I can order any part I like.

@ HM; already sold it to a friend shooting a Bulgie AKM
@ JeepCreep; We keep our weapons at home, there has been a suggestion to order us to collect our weapons in the respective gunclubs. Thank God they listened to reason when we said that's the perfect way to make warehouses for criminals to get large amounts of firearms for free. Let alone the practical consequences of cleaning, maintenance, customizing, matches at other locations and the basic fact that these weapons are our property and not collective items to be randomly submitted by leftist political agenda's.

@ AKsrule, I was MadMedic at the dorks.nut forum...screw them ARF all the way

@ RedFaction, this particular match had to be negotiated on a bike.....literally riding from stage to stage. Getting of the bike and shoot then get back on it and ride to the next stage withing three minutes over 5 stages over 100 meters...
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 9:14:45 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
@ RedFaction, this particular match had to be negotiated on a bike.....literally riding from stage to stage. Getting of the bike and shoot then get back on it and ride to the next stage withing three minutes over 5 stages over 100 meters...

Uh oh, I can hear campys wheels turning as we speak. (pun intended)
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 9:53:41 PM EDT
[#9]

this particular match had to be negotiated on a bike.....literally riding from stage to stage. Getting of the bike and shoot then get back on it and ride to the next stage withing three minutes over 5 stages over 100 meters...

Heh, paper routes must be getting rough nowadays.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 9:03:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 11:46:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Campy,

No worry about ricochets, all fire is directed towards the backstop which is about 2 meters of sand. I never saw a ricochet since the 7 years I am shooting these matches..everyone is shooting FMJ or HP ammo.

Between stages all weapons are unloaded and are allowed to be loaded again when the shooter is in position and ready..Even so, the barrel needs to points towards the backstop at all times. It is loud, even with earmuffs. It differs from range to range.

edited to add this pic to demonstrate to what lenghts you have to go with muzzle discipline...

No slinging your weapon to ease parking the bike, muzzle towards ground/backstop and to make it easier I tend not to drop half-full magazines.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top