AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/9/2003 11:18:52 PM EDT
Don’t know if this has been around here or not but here it is:

AWB SUNSET PETITION
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 1:48:09 AM EDT
[#1]
I think I signed that a long time ago.

The sad part is that a lot of people have the attitude that "there is no way the ban will be renewed/extended." That is what we all hope but should not sit around and wait for it to happen.

Make sure you write to your representatives. Let them know how YOU feel about it. Party majority is NOT good enough. There are plenty of Republicans, such as ours, who believe in "reasonable gun control." Let them know what is reasonable or not.
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 2:06:10 AM EDT
[#2]
I'll sign again....almost have to ask myself why I bothered to originally. Hmmm, my local newspaper ("Columbus Dispatch") ran an editorial piece about why insuring that the AWB stays in place would make for a safer society/country.

And national columnist Ellen Goodman recently told the sheeple that the NRA supports "putting assault weapons back on the streets". (damn, those bayonet lugs and flash hiders must truly be pure evil!)

(and folks wonder why I'm a godless cynic...)
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 3:07:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Just for reference - petitiononline.com sucks hind tit.

It's virtually useless, and nobody in any kind of position to do anything about it ever reads it.

I think petitions are useful tools, but not from that site.

Names, without valid addresses don't really do too much.

(Literacy, on the other hand, and proper grammar/sentence structure, along with punctuation and proper capitalization help, also.)

Don't mean to burst anyone's bubble, but online petitions blow.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top