Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 11/8/2003 2:52:08 PM EDT

WWII Weapons

JAP 99

#1 MK III dated 1917, OK it's WWI but would most likely served in WWII as well?

Both have no import markings Definately the way to go for collectors...

Now I must concentrate on SEAK money...

What did you expect a car or somthing, is there anything other than guns to spend money on???
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 3:00:35 PM EDT
Yes,military vehicles to mount them on.
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 3:09:23 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 4:19:53 PM EDT
I have danced around the WWII weapons. Started in Jap rifles, moved to British, got seriously into springfields (Purists argue that there not 'real WWII' rifles,but I like them) and have moved back into modern stuff. Of course the 'itch' for another good 1903 is hittin me.

Guess, that's what's great about our hobby - its HUGH. Wish it wasnt so damn expensive though.
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 4:30:50 PM EDT
Nice late model Type 99. Does it have a Mum? Is the shine frpm varnish or the flash?
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 4:48:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/8/2003 4:50:09 PM EDT by AJjer_Bullets]

Originally Posted By coltshorty14:
What did you expect a car or somthing, is there anything other than guns to spend money on???

Funny you wrote that, I really did expect a picture of some car.

I have a friend who has an Arisaka bringback with it's original bayo.

It has the nifty anti-aircraft sights and everything, and really it's pretty cool.

Too bad the bolt is horrible!
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 5:46:23 AM EDT
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 6:34:38 AM EDT
The No 1 caught my eye.. 1917, a good year :) Which ordnance factory? Mine's a 1916 BSA. Both are dead-on WW1 guns, and if they were in England in '39 prolly saw ww2 service too.. The Aussies used the No. 1 straight thru to the 50's.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 6:41:26 AM EDT

Originally Posted By obershutze916:
Nice late model Type 99. Does it have a Mum? Is the shine frpm varnish or the flash?

The shine is varnish, I don't know if is is original finish or not, the few nick and and scrape on the wood go thru the varnish so it may be original??? The mum is defaced but there..shame but oh well, defacing the mum was just as much a part of history as the rifle so I can live with it..

"got seriously into springfields (Purists argue that there not 'real WWII' rifles,but I like them)"

If purist say Springfields are not WWII why was mine made in 1943???LOL...Lots of springfield were used in WWII, I would'nt call them "PURISTS", just mis informed...
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 6:44:35 AM EDT

Originally Posted By WinstonSmith:
The No 1 caught my eye.. 1917, a good year :) Which ordnance factory? Mine's a 1916 BSA. Both are dead-on WW1 guns, and if they were in England in '39 prolly saw ww2 service too.. The Aussies used the No. 1 straight thru to the 50's.

Mine is BSA as well, don't know much about them still looking up info?
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 2:08:40 PM EDT

Mine is BSA as well, don't know much about them still looking up info?

Birmingham Small Arms, a damn good make ;) At 1917 it's prolly a Mk III* - the wartime variant. I'm a SMLE nut, you got questions I may be able to answer them

For real shits-n-giggles, go find a surplus Enfield "cup discharger", the grenade launching cup wot snaps on the end of the rifle. Then find a bucket of ww2 .303 blanks and a few tennis balls. Add these things together, and you get a tennis ball gun that is minute-of-bus capable at 100 yards. The tennis balls fit just about snug. Just clean your SMLE VERY well afterward, those blanks are black death.
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 3:12:07 PM EDT
I'm into restoring military weapons that I find abused and/or un-militarized.

My most recent project was this German marked Czech made 98K. I found it at the fun show, original stock was trashed, no barrel bands, bayo lug, or upper wood, etc. However the bolt serial # matched the reciever serial #, and the bore was excellent.

Someday I'll get a milled trigger guard / mag well for it.
Top Top