Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/6/2003 4:12:06 PM EDT
So I'm getting ready for my last civilian shoot here before packing all the toys but the few the wife wanted for home defense, and I realize my bolts are a little loose on the rear trunnion for my Romanian AKMS fixed-folder.

Then I begin looking at the rifle all over, all the bolts are loose....the loctite has given up the ghost and I can now wiggle my forward assembly in the reciever.

I dont have time to mess around with this crap here. I'd probably just find myself some over-sized rivits if I had the time, and do the whole thing right, but I dont. And I wont be around for a while, like until February/March of '05....so I'm looking for a good place to send her, and provide my credit card number, and have all the bugs worked out, and the thing completely refinished so she'll be in A1 shape when I get back. As I'll realy not be spending much pay in the next four or so months, I want the works, RSA trigger, Polish type stamped underfolder arms, a nice new Iron Wood AKMS stock set, and most of all, a quality job of making sure the (#*$#@!!!! thing doesnt fall appart on me again.

Got some other issues though that I need to discuss with whomever I send this girl and her problems to for safekeeping.

Regards,

RebGrey
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 4:15:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Send it to Rapid Fire and let Mike turn it around for you.

937-332-0833

KF
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 4:29:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 5:20:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Campy, I've got Arab blood, and I'm impatient, what that means practicaly is that I still carry the tiny remnants of a Hangyang 88 reciever that let go, in my hip because of my impatience.

The taps I used didnt even do a very good job of threading the holes into the parts because they kept either stripping or breaking, basicaly the bolts were turned until they jammed tight and I hoped the loctite took care of the rest- but to no avail.

And no, I didnt dip/clean the parts <shrugs>

OOps.

Will call ORF about this here tommorow.

Link Posted: 11/6/2003 5:48:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Reb,

Call ORF tomorrow and see if Mike will hook you up with a quick turnaround.  I know you mentioned you would be heading for the sandbox soon....

Times a wastin !!!

KF
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 6:53:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey KF,
   Actually a long turn around time would probably be better- unless shipping can now be handeled to assure a 1-2 day window, I doubt I'll be able to get this done before my last day sleeping at home (the 17th). Maybe I'll let my wife handel it, she's pretty good about stuff like that.

Thanks, will give 'em a call.

Regards,

RG
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 1:21:14 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I'm impatient

That’s why people like you and me shouldn’t be building guns.

-J
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top