Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/4/2003 5:11:48 AM EDT
I live in a nice quiet neighborhood,its just one dead end street and I'm in the end of the culdisac.Sunday night at around 1930 two young white males approximately 18 years old knocked at my door,we had company so I opened the door,went out on the porch and talked to the two guys.They explained that they moved into the next neighborhood over about a week ago,had no car,jobs and were not going to school at this time and were interested in finding other kids around their age to hang out with.I told them that in this area there is just not much to do on a Sunday night and that there were some kids their age on down the road.Since then I've seen them hanging out in peoples driveways while they were away and lurking in backyards at night.There are many holes in their story and houses around here rent pretty high.I'm not sure if they are good kids just down on their luck and reaching out or if they are targeting my neighborhood.All indications are that they are casing the houses during the day and probing at night.I hate to bring heat down on them for suspicion if they just need help but I'd also hate to see one of my neighbors harmed either.
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 5:34:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Bring the heat down on them!  Chances are theyre up to ne good.
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 5:54:37 AM EDT
[#2]
You should reach out to them. Offer to give them a ride. Straight down to the local Army recruiting office!
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 6:06:12 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
You should reach out to them. Offer to give them a ride. Straight down to the local Army recruiting office!

Bwahahahahaahahahahahaahahahahahahahaaha

Red, why in the hell did they ban you on the other board when you have a sense of humor like that????

Great response!

KF
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 6:07:46 AM EDT
[#4]
JOHNO,

Seriously, I would contact your local police department and have it checked out.

You never know, they may be casing everything in the neighborhood.

KF
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 6:33:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Next time answer the door like this....

Link Posted: 11/4/2003 6:46:10 AM EDT
[#6]
and then tell them...WELCOME TO THE DARK SIDE
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 7:16:44 AM EDT
[#7]

Link Posted: 11/4/2003 7:34:14 AM EDT
[#8]
IF you're not sure whether they are suspicious enough, at least take their pictures, while their wandering around the neighborhood.  Then you'll have something to give the cops if breakins happen.

Also, I'd ask the neighbors who's yards they were in if they met them, and knew they were in their yard.
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 9:21:52 AM EDT
[#9]
What neighborhood do you live in?  Sounds like you are ripe for the pickin'.  

Seriously, just leave your place unlocked at night and have someone drive off in your vehicle.  Wait inside with your cell phone so you can call the police after they enter.
Then you can personally ask  them their intentions.

It might take a week  or two to get their response.
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 9:43:39 AM EDT
[#10]
I agree w/ krinkfreak, contact your local PD ASAP. They will most likely send out an officer to talk with the two punks.

The Kollector
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 10:00:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Johno; I've got family in Cleveland area. Don't take any chances with kids like that. Call the locals.
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 10:21:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Thats right go and snitch on them...
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 11:02:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 11:09:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Yep, I agree with Campy...they are casing your neighborhood.  Contact the local police, if they are truly new neighbors then they'll appreciate the fact that an active roll is taken in keeping the neighborhood safe.
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 12:17:29 PM EDT
[#15]
When it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, Etc. Etc. You know the rest. Trust your instincts. Call the local police, before you or your neighbors are victims.
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 12:22:32 PM EDT
[#16]
These guys sound like punks looking for trouble.
Trust your instincts.
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 12:43:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Your neighborhood is being cased my friend. Did you find out where they live? What their phone number is? Next time you see them ask for an address. Sounds like they're out to rip somebody off and recruit new homies.
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 12:51:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Time for you to start cleaning your guns on the front porch.   Message delivered, with a point.

CJ
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 1:09:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Some new developments,these Guys have also been hanging out at one of the school bus stops.I went to the local PD on this one today,I'm to call it in the next time these Guys are spotted.I'll keep you posted on further developments.A few years back I would'nt have hesitated about reporting something like this but everytime I look at my little 4 year old Son,I worry about what would happen to him if something ever happened to me.I can only hope that if he was 18 and stranded somewhere that someone would help him out.
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 1:31:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Sounds like they could be dope dealers, going to the PD was the right thing to do, keep us posted.

The Kollector
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 5:25:56 PM EDT
[#21]
how to handle them? with the help of the good Lord and a Remington 870!
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 5:40:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Thanks for the update John, keep us posted.
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 5:47:14 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
how to handle them? with the help of the good Lord and a Remington 870!

funny you should say that,my Ithica M37 has been oiled and re-loaded.
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 6:50:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Rem 870, Ithaca  37,.....

...I am partial to my 18"bbl 1897 Winchester
Circa 1946, U.S. Marked and everything.
Very close the the one in the movie "Bullitt"

I especially like the way you can empty it
by holding the trigger down and pumping away...

Keep us posted!

KyARGuy

Link Posted: 11/5/2003 12:53:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Last night at 2330 I went outside to investigate some sounds,yes the Ithica went with me,as I made it about half way around the house I heard heavy footfalls moving rapidly in the opposite direction.All was quiet the rest of the night.Today I spotted two of the Guys hanging around the sign at the beginning of the street,I reported it but have not heard any news as of yet.
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 12:59:57 PM EDT
[#26]
They are going to start hitting houses and cars in your hood any day now.  Expect your house to be on the list since the reconned it.
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 1:04:22 PM EDT
[#27]
I work a strange swing shift but I've still got a couple days left to get them before I have to go back to work.
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 2:12:11 PM EDT
[#28]
The Police made contact and everything checked out OK,at least now they know they are being watched and will more than likely move their operation to another neighborhood.
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 2:26:49 PM EDT
[#29]
When you say they checked out, do they actually live in your neighborhood?
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 4:51:03 PM EDT
[#30]
No,it was verified that they live in the next neighborhood.I'm not satisfied but apparently it was enough to satisfy the police.The good thing is that the neighbors are aware of these Guys and they know they are being watched.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top