Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/31/2003 2:11:20 PM EDT
Got three responses out of eight letters so far...

Link Posted: 10/31/2003 2:16:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like a good rep.
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 3:52:58 PM EDT
[#2]
That sounds like the excact same letter I got back from Allan Mollehan here in WV...Maybee a gongressional form letter???
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 4:12:45 PM EDT
[#3]
But, he did not say that he would vote against extending the ban, nor did he say that he would vote to repeal the ban. Political doubletalk! Fuck it, if it ain't sunsetted or repealed, I'll give up my ak, 30 rds at a time! And the f-ckin politicians will be first in line.
           OJF
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 6:10:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I think you got it confused.  He does not need to vote to repeal anything.  With no action the ban expires.  With no new law passed, there is plain and simply no ban at all on the federal level.
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 6:11:27 PM EDT
[#5]
the ban is going to sunset. that is a certainty. nothing can be done to stop it from sunsetting. it will go away.  now, there is always the chance of new legislation being passed, but in this climate, i don't think there's any way in the world it will even be tabled for a vote. the gop has said just as much. thye dems know that gun control hurt them big time in 1996 & 2000.
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 6:27:21 PM EDT
[#6]
here is one I got from one of my senators.

Link Posted: 10/31/2003 6:49:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Shotar, I have not misunderstood anything. The Dems are trying to bring it to a vote. Why? Because they know there are weakkneed Repubs in office who would bow to pressure to extend the ban. That's why it is so hard to get a direct responce from a politician on this issue. Yeah, they support our 2nd Amendment, and they will closely study the issues. For once I would like to hear something like "ONLY OVER MY DEAD BODY WILL THEY GET THIS PASSED"
OJF
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 7:21:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Wipeout

You got a fuckin commie as a senator...I love that in the 2nd para. he basically says we need to strengthen the ban and doesnt give a shit what you think..

And in the third para., he says he is a stron supporter of the second amendment hoping you are too stupid to vote for him,allbeit just banking on the fact the these fucking liberals think we are stupid and can't think or act for ourselves

Of course I have the Imeprial Grand Wizard of the KKK as my senator....

We need to start the fight by getting these dickwads out of power...
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 7:23:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Considering the fact that since the AW ban of '94 there are about 3 times more semi-auto rifles "on the streets" I'd consider it an utter failure.

Oldjarheadfart,
I like your style.
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 6:54:43 AM EDT
[#10]
i wish it would sunset but i fear that we will only get somthing worse.
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 7:09:04 AM EDT
[#11]
I know, I was 24 when the ban went in place, I had a mossberg, a colt sporter and a mak-90, now almost 10 years later, the selection is getting more varied, I know I have picked up steam in aqquiring all the evil bad rifles I can afford, and some I cant afford. Now If I could quit selling past aquisitions to fund new ones, Id be ok.
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 7:24:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Yeah, I had 2 Beretta shotguns for bird hunting and then in '93 got my first AR-15 during the LA riots. After Klinton and his BS in '94 I started accumulating AW's...
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 2:44:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Let's get busy guys......

KF
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 3:08:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Here is mine. Although he is not my congressional critter, he is on NYPatriot's list.

I've been sending letters out every two weeks.
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 8:27:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Holy shit! I consider myself a political person yet the most I ever did was vote. You gun rights activists really got your shit together!
keep on rockin and rollin'
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 1:42:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Those of you who have received responses from your Senator or Representative - no matter what that response may be - please drop a line to [email protected] and let them know, so they can include the response on the "Congressional Scorecard."

Thanks!

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top