Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/30/2003 3:07:08 PM EDT
have seen the previews for the new Alamo movie coming out soon at theaters. sure looks like a great flick, hope it's on a par with Patriot and Gettysburg, an the like of that era, sure to piss of the mexicano's
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 3:18:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Actually  If this is the movie I think it is, I would suggest yo don't see it...

It is a Disney Production, and they made it a touchy feely piece of liberal crap..That portrya American history in a Politically Correct Liberal manner...

I've heard Sean Hannity describe it, (he is a true patriot every on should listen to his radio show), He says they portray it way off acutual facts, and was it Sam Walker??? I'm not too familiar with the alamo??? As a drunk murder!! I think the Mexicans will love it...
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 3:26:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 3:29:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Long week Campy, I though you posted this, I have changed my mistake...
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 5:41:06 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Actually Campy, If this is the movie I think it is, I would suggest yo don't see it...

?????

i don't go to see movies.

i can't remember the last one i went to see. pretty much, they all suck or are just rehashes of better stuff made 40 years ago. only the special effects have improved...and to me, s.e. do not make the movie.

i think the last movie i went to see was one where that young tom edison fella was the projectionist.

nowadays, 4 weeks after release they are all out on those fancy dvd thingies with all kinds of direcor's cuts and dropped scenes and the 'story of the movie behind the making of the movie' and crap like that...or so i'm told.

no. i don't have a dvd player. no. i don't get hbo or box office or prime time. i son't even have a satellite dish or a cable.

the tv set has rabbit ears and i rarely watch it, either.

hmmm? this reminds me of a post i need to put up...

Ah! but then how would you know?  

Seriously though, there have been some great films in recent years, and despite my age (19) I am well versed in the classics.  

The days of great film making are far from over, you just have to weed through more crap to get to the gems.  
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 1:37:25 AM EDT
[#5]
I very rarely go to the movies anymore.  My boys are always hounding me to go to the video store, but I went ahead and put them on the account and gave them a DVD player for the Rec Room.

I live for AMC and Turner Classics.  And don't even think about touching the channel when Operation TNT comes around once a year....love those old war movies.....

KF
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 3:52:54 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I live for AMC and Turner Classics.  And don't even think about touching the channel when Operation TNT comes around once a year....love those old war movies.....

KF

I love those old war movies too...The ones with the really bad acting are great!!!
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 4:54:22 AM EDT
[#7]
I heard on the radio this morning that they were not going to release the movie until next summer.

They are not happy with it and have to do some major edit work.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top