Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 8:25:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 8:34:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Krupski,

These guys know what they say, there are issues over there.  I hope they get them worked out, it used to be a kick ass place.  
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 9:13:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 9:16:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Yep.. we know...well.... that is why they get their panties in such a wad over us....lol

Oh. and someone please tell Dixie boy that he will be welcome here cause I see they banned him now for just speaking his mind..

Funny how that goes on over there on a regular basis.

Honestly he could have been a bit more tactful...lol.

But he spoke his mind regardless and was chit canned for it. Like so many others....

Now the automaton droid lings over there are lining up bashing him in the thread.. and last week they were probably all his friends and loved him to death before he dared to speak out against the kennel keepers...lol.. that is the kind of treatment you get there.

And they are trying to start crap with full-auto.com now also...
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 9:25:02 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm another new guy here who spent some time over there.

it is mostly good guys. but some of the brass make you feel like a bad kid if you ask a question they don't like. then the politics kicks in and their buddies jump in on you, too.

not sure how easy they ban you. but, if you step out of line, pretty soon it gets chilly and your posts are ignored pretty much.

not sure what I am going to do, but thought i would check this place out and see how it goes.
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 9:42:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Swingset is just posting this to buddy up to his masters at dotnutz. Go read his post there regarding this post he is full of shit. He is riding redstars jock it seems. Its so damn funny how these people dont realize that they are the one who started this problem by lying, stealing, and pretty much being assholes.
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 9:49:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 9:54:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Welcome Brules,

I guess you are another recent curious one to see what is going on over here.  

As some have said there are good people over there, but here is something interesting about the other board.  If we were to start a thread up over to ask the owners why they are so quick to jump people or delete threads it would be deleted.  There is no question about it and they know it.

It is not an open environment for questioning, it used to be.  They point the finger at this place and say the people over here are obsessed with talking about them.  I think the only reason it looks that way is because it's allowed over here and not over there.  

I really don't have any need to get involved in the board war, but I have decided that I want to go to any board and talk guns.  My hope is the other board goes through some changes and becomes a more friendly in the future like it used to be.  
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 10:26:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Your welcome to stay and speak your mind..

Talk guns

Talk chit

either is allowed...lol

Link Posted: 10/30/2003 10:32:44 AM EDT
[#10]
thanks everyone. i think I will be reading more than posting for now.
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 11:26:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Stick around Brules. This is a great board.
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 11:43:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 12:05:01 PM EDT
[#13]
swing,
on somebodies pole? get out  of town!!!
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 2:33:36 PM EDT
[#14]
guess that whole...can't we all get along...phrase just ain't gonna work is it ?
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 3:20:22 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
guess that whole...can't we all get along...phrase just ain't gonna work is it ?

Well, hope springs eternal and I'd like to see it happen. Really would.
Seems like alot has gone on behind the scenes that will make that more difficult. At least that is what Ed Avila Sr. said and if you can piss that guy off you've put a fair amount of effort into it. We'll see...
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 3:26:56 PM EDT
[#16]
i don't know who this ed guy is but those pricks have certainly pissed off everybody else. i don't believe the can't we all get along stuff is going to work this time. those shits have really gone and done it this time.

krupski i had more respect for you than what you are showing here. you used to be really well respected i guess all things change huh.
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 10:31:10 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I put up a post over there asking what happened to the olive branch thread and I got some pretty short answers from Redstar and HDR. I also got some PM's telling me to drop the subject or risk being banned. Interesting bunch running that place.

The exact same thing happened to me over there concerning their K-Var situation. I asked some pointed (and mildly belligerant) questions in the thread and got some realy plesant remarks from hdr. Only difference is that i let him know what i thought of him and have now been banned as of today.
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 3:19:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 4:39:18 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I put up a post over there asking what happened to the olive branch thread and I got some pretty short answers from Redstar and HDR. I also got some PM's telling me to drop the subject or risk being banned. Interesting bunch running that place.

The exact same thing happened to me over there concerning their K-Var situation. I asked some pointed (and mildly belligerant) questions in the thread and got some realy plesant remarks from hdr. Only difference is that i let him know what i thought of him and have now been banned as of today.

The HDR guy is a strange one. Most of the time I dont even get what he means in his posts. Odd, off the wall comments.

But cross the party line and he gets on you and
then like magic he gets pretty clear. Seems to be a large ego about his military service. Comes across like he looks down on everyone.
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 5:16:49 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 5:25:49 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

And if I come to your home, as a guest, and speak to you in a mildly beligerant way in front of everyone; would you not also show me the door.

Human behaviour is funny. We think we are superior animals. But the reality is, most are beta dogs looking to be accepted by the alpha dog. And when they are not immediately accepted, they run off and bark from a distance; and attack the pups when they feel they are safe.

Seems to be alot of beta dogs looking for an ass to sniff lately.

Link Posted: 10/31/2003 6:18:38 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And if I come to your home, as a guest, and speak to you in a mildly beligerant way in front of everyone; would you not also show me the door.

Human behaviour is funny. We think we are superior animals. But the reality is, most are beta dogs looking to be accepted by the alpha dog. And when they are not immediately accepted, they run off and bark from a distance; and attack the pups when they feel they are safe.

Strikes me as a simplistic view for a more complicated situation.

I doubt anyone can really tell an alpha from a beta via a computer forum.
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 6:28:57 AM EDT
[#23]
Well it's their site I guess and they can see fit to run it how they want.  

It seems things over could be better in some ways.  I hope they get better soon.  Personally I just want to be friends with gun owners in general and enjoy the sport without politics.
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 8:13:32 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This ain't anybody's home. It's the internet. Get a grip, bud.

BTW, no one showed you the door here, did they?

So what is your role in the mini-universe you imagine? Maybe you should just wipe your nose off and quit sticking it up dog butts.
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 3:30:26 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I doubt anyone can really tell an alpha from a beta via a computer forum.

Sure they can. drjarhead (whom I like) just tried to tell me he's alpha. ;)
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 4:49:34 PM EDT
[#26]
John, my suggestion to you is to reach firmly and grab both ears and pull your head out of your ass. go back there and read the posts about peoples posts disappearing. post don't just go poof and then they are gone. it isn't a glitch, it is a son of a bitch. you are nothing more than a mindless lemming. that place is the equivalent to communism on the internet. no sir not me i am done there, if you had a lick of sence you would be also. fukthem
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 5:17:15 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/31/2003 6:55:19 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
...you are nothing more than a mindless lemming.

Well thank you for taking the OPportunityFOR calling me names because you don't like what I wrote.
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 1:06:30 AM EDT
[#29]
OK, folks, can we chill now please?

JohnFoxe:  are you in Oregon still?  If so, where abouts?  Where do you go shooting at?
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 4:04:46 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 6:49:42 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 7:06:42 AM EDT
[#32]
Reading these threads are equivalent to witnessing a train wreck, or watching Kalifornia burn.  

Strange times.
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 11:46:39 AM EDT
[#33]
The defenders of gunsnet just don't get it.

They have come over here, and projected their psychoses on us!  Foxe, Swingset, you both should stop assuming this place is just like that other (and therefore no better) and actually LOOK at our criticisms of the way the place there is run.

The differences are very clear:
1) Here you are allowed to criticize, something I notice you guys are making full use of.  There you are not allowed to express any opinion contrary to the moderators, without being banned.

2)  Here there are obviously sponsors about, and people post about experiences with sponsors, both good and bad.  There you are not allowed to post good things or bad things about sponsors unless it agrees with the strict, and constantly shifting, idea of who's a "Good" sponsor and who isnt-- in other words, who pays them money.

I was banned for saying nice things about a company that wasn't a sponsor there.  You guys have said people got banned for going on and on with the bad things about sponsors--- but that's false, that's not what gets you banned. Disagreement with the mods is what gets you banned.

And the reason you see people posting over and over their experiences there is because they know they will be censored, and so they try to get some info in that won't be deleted or re-writtedn to say something other than what they actually posted.

Bottom line, end of the day-- the management and mods of that forum are dishonest, unethical and have supported fraud.  The members of that forum are largely ignorant of the dishonesty, and thus suckers ripe for the picking by dishonest vendors like Gary Gucciano.

I for one, hate to see suckers being herded and controlled like that.  I want to see them achieve freedom.

It is this dishonesty, and this flat out hostility for the truth that you see there, and that has all of us quite annoyed.  On this board, there is no board persona.  There is no board agenda.  I couldn't even describe a moderator personality, except to say that Campy has his and the others have their own.  There is no rigid weltanshaung shoved down peoples throats, that they are forced to comply with, even if they don't know or understand.    In short, this place is not run with an iron fist, by an insecure child.

This place, unlike gunsnet, is a FORUM where people express their opinions.  Thus, it doesn't have an overrriding personality, except for the collective personality of the participants.

dotnutz is an advertising venue with a strict agenda, PRETENDING to be a forum, and acting against the interests of its participants.

I am bitter because I wasted time there after believing their lies.  But I am more bitter because there are hundreds of people there who haven't paid enough attention to recognize their lies.

But the idea that there's some "War" between the forums is absurd. This forum is not at war with anyone-- how could it be?  Its not an organization, organized force, or anything collectivist like that (unlike you guys)... its just a group of people who's direction and agenda changes every time someone posts a new thread.

The way forums should be.

Yes, we bitch and moan about the treatment of the people over there... just as we would about the poor souls living in stalinist russia.  And of course, that leads to pointing out that Stalin really is a bad guy, lest some forget it.

But to claim stalin is just as bad as us, is to be quite confused on the measure of good and bad.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 4:34:42 AM EDT
[#34]
johnfoxe, nice try but wrong guess. you could probably figure it out though. also you might want to get davie to weed out atleast one more mod but which one? let him figure it out. i still get daily post from the inner rectum. changing all the passwords didn't help now did it.
believe me i know which mods are pissed about the Var-K situation as they call it. also let davie know he let the wrong one go over that deal also. he should have listened to him. oh well it won't matter in a couple weeks anyway the selfimposed month shut down won't be selfimposed and it won't be a month either. the next really big events are just around the bend and these are going to be huge.

ttfn
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top