Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/24/2003 8:23:26 AM EDT
I thought I was dreaming but i am not...For all you guys looking for a great deal www.k-var.com is running a deal on waffle mags...around 9.49 or something a piece but an additional 2% off for on-line orders and if you register on their forum it is an additional 5%..I picked up 5 mags for about $8.83 a piece before shipping..WOW GREAT DEAL!
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 8:34:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 8:39:51 AM EDT
[#2]
"This post is announcing the boycott of K . . V. . A . . R and all it's products and deals. At no time until further notice will any reference be allowed to stand in an open forum. They are owned by a foreigner that is screwing with other American owned business owners!

Any references to them or their products will be moved or copied to the Trash Can forum. If the thread is good and does not focus singly on them or their product a copy will be made of the reference in the Trash Can and then that reference will be deleted from the open forum.

When you read this notice please pass it on to other members and make them aware of the policy ASAP! Your assistance in stopping the enrichment of a creep is greatly appreciated by Gunsnutz owners and staff."

Aye Karahmba !!!!!!!!!

Campy, can you translate this for us?
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 8:58:44 AM EDT
[#3]

Simple... KVar lowered their prices to compete with Joeken.

Therefore, gunnutz will lie, cheat, lie and then lie some more about Kvar because Kvar does not sponsor them, and Joeken does.
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 9:20:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Wow, that is pretty damn shitty. I still like ak-47.net but the mods are all about making money. You cant say anything bad about any of their supporters and I saw a thread where they cancelled a group buy because they weren't going to get a cut of the profit. I still think there's a lot of good guys and good info there but some of the moderation is obviously getting out of hand.
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 9:33:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Ha! Thread deleted.
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 10:00:46 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Therefore, gunnutz will lie, cheat, lie and then lie some more about Kvar because Kvar does not sponsor them, and Joeken does.

What is untrue about K-Var's original price of Waffles being ~$80? Then later being $9.99, then sold to SKSman to hose us at $20, then they magicaly re-appear and are available for a limited time ~6\months ago for a mere $17.xx (shhh, only for us forum members), and now, my my my, they can be sold for $8.83 and still make money?

I've bought from K-Var in the past, and only when it suits me. I use that foreign scumbag like a filthy bitch he is; to suit my needs only.
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 10:56:51 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I've bought from K-Var in the past, and only when it suits me. I use that foreign scumbag like a filthy bitch he is; to suit my needs only.

OK, let me retract my invite to go shooting.

I don't choose to associate with redneck racist pieces of shit like you.

Simply put, what does the ethnicity of the owner of K-Var have to do with anything whatsoever?

From what I can tell, the staff/owners of at ak-47.net are "white, god-fearin' Americans!", and they're a bigger bunch of cheating, lying, thieving whores than anyone anywhere.

Get out of my state, and get out of my country.

(Edited to quote asshole's comment, lest he pull an dotnutz and edit/delete his comment, and claim he never said it.)
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 11:55:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Yup, now that I read what I wrote I see it was over the top. it seems a vain attempt on my to be cute\sarcastic didnt come off as funny. No deleteing by me I wrote it and i'll leave it. I appologize.

Guess the old saying words are like toothpaste, once squeeze out, impossible to put back in, is demonstrable right here.

Sorry guys. I was wrong.
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 12:02:01 PM EDT
[#9]
If it was truly meant as a joke, I apologize as well.

It's just that I've seen several comments made as to the race/ethnicity/foriegness of the owner of K-Var, and I still fail to see what that has to do with anything.

It seems people have a problem with the guy making a buck and exploiting capitalism.  Put it this way - if the "foriegn" owner of K-Var is "fucking" people, I say take a look at the people who run multitudes of other businesses doing worse - and they were born here (The Walton family comes to mind - oh, how I hate the Wal-Mart!).
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 12:05:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Johnfoxe,

Trying to send you an email message, but you have no email account listed.

Please let me know.

Thanks,

KF
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 12:10:02 PM EDT
[#11]
I really don't understand any of this.  Who cares if K-var sells it cheaper than Joeken, it is part of being in the retail business..look at wal-mart.  All that crap about "buy american" bla bla bla.  I am not going to pay more just because a companies owner is american. You can't stop change if everyone will not make a joint effort.  Those of you who think that just by buying american made products will stop the loss of jobs and crap in america...look at the clothes on your back, or the shoes on your feet.I can almost guarantee non of it was made purely in america.
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 12:30:14 PM EDT
[#12]
kythri, you dont need to appologise for anything. You stood up for what is right and have given me pause to be more careful with what I type. even if I'm trying to be sarcastic or funny does not make it right. I'd like to take it back and delete it, but it's too late now.
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 6:04:56 AM EDT
[#13]
being American has nothing to do with race, creed or whatever.  it even has less to do with where you were born.  turning a profit is VERY American.  Delivering a product is American.

I ordered 3 mags from them last week at $13 bucks and will order as many as I can hide from the wife at under $9.  She's worse than the ATF!

just my .02$
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 6:17:01 AM EDT
[#14]
i have to agree on this one. i love our country
and am proud to be American but in my 11 years in the army i have met men from other countries who i i would Die to protect and am proud to call friends. i have also met men in this country who are as much my enemies as the chinese comies. Keep the faith my brothers.
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 6:41:19 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
i have to agree on this one. i love our country
and am proud to be American but in my 11 years in the army i have met men from other countries who i i would Die to protect and am proud to call friends. i have also met men in this country who are as much my enemies as the chinese comies. Keep the faith my brothers.

You god damn right.

I am so sick of some Americans forgetting the fact that either

A) They aren't a Native American

or

B) America is a melting pot!

Both A & B means shut the hell up about where a person comes from!
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 9:03:19 AM EDT
[#16]

I ordered 3 mags from them last week at $13 bucks and will order as many as I can hide from the wife at under $9.  She's worse than the ATF!

Haa! Sounds like me. Did I type that??! (looks over his shoulder for his wifes whereabouts)

I promised her I was done buying gun stuff for the remainder of the oncomming holidays....that was about 10 mags, 1 SAR1, 3 waffle mags and 1 SKS ago...I'm not waiting around for Santa! I am Santa!!!

Link Posted: 10/25/2003 5:56:42 PM EDT
[#17]
How long did it take you guys to get approved to be given the discount over there? I got my validation number and everything, but it keeps saying an admin. has to approve my account. I want to order some mags at that price!!! Before they run out!!
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 6:12:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Don't worry....I'm sure KVAR has PLENNNNNNTYYY of mags.....

KF
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 6:13:21 PM EDT
[#19]
STANMAN,if you place an order you will need to register and during that process you will get the authorization. It's wierd but it works. The discount will be added at the end.
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 11:03:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Your distaste for foreigners is puzzling considering your affinity for a weapon built and designed by people of other nations. And as far as pricing is concerned have you ever heard of "shopping around"? What you do is this: You go to SEVERAL retailors and buy from the one with the best price/service retio available. Now, if the ONLY price you can find is K-Var for $19 then i guess they are the cheapest show in town at that time. its called supply and demand and its what the entire economy of this country is based on. If you dont like it i believe that CUBA still practices an alternative economic structure. Give it a try.
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 4:06:01 AM EDT
[#21]
stanman...just order from them and put in the username and/or email.  i got the discount at time of order.  the k-var forum email from the admin showed up 3 days later.  still got the discount!!
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top