Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/22/2003 5:47:26 PM EDT
I talked to Troy Sellars for a little while this evening.  He's on his one day off from the PD, and is going wide open "hammer, punch, chisel" in the shop.

He said he finished the Krinkov run, and before he starts the next AK-74 project, wanted to repair some of the weapons that have been waiting for action.  He sounded a bit frustrated and I asked him what he was working on...He said he had a AK-74 out of Kansas that was so f___'d up, it was beginning to piss him off....the magazine would not even fit into it....said there was no way it could have even been test fired prior to the original customer receiving it....

Anyway, seems good things are happening in Kodak Tennessee.

KF

Link Posted: 10/22/2003 5:57:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 6:51:14 PM EDT
[#2]
KF,
If he needs a welder, I talked to Joe Nanna again today and he is still unempolyeed.  I could rent him Mike for awhile to if he wants 2 monkeys.

Todd@ORF

PS:ALL FUN INTENDED
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 7:25:14 PM EDT
[#3]
What Monkey????????????? I thought that was Mike in those pictures.  

I just finished "The Harvyville Horror" and it's 11:30. Any body for a cold one? I just popped the top on a Honey Lager. My ONE before bed. KF I'm still working on that sample case of beer.  Time to get used to the afternoon shift at the PD. Start 2-10 tomorrow for three months. You Guys can catch me now between 9AM and Noon in the shop.

Troy
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 9:31:04 PM EDT
[#4]
IRC2,
Well no there are two monkeys.  One we let go.  We still have the other.  Man I want that shift 9am-12noon, hahaha.

Todd@ORF
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 11:12:07 PM EDT
[#5]
That has to be my rifle! Thanks guys for coining the name of my rifle :) I promise to keep that name too.

I assure you it was fired by me(left-handed no less), at least a few mags worth, mostly bolt-action style, the last time I had it in my possession over 2 years ago. He might have indeed screwed it up more in that time. SAI can do a lot in 2 years you know :)

I think someone was watching out for me the day I took it to the range after getting it back from the KAG this summer. When I got there, they said the wall was being rebuilt and I could not fire my rifle at that time. I may have been spared that day...

Thanks again Troy, I look forward to its first full mag finally.
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 2:44:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Chris @ AKUSA has my SAI abortion.  There were bizarre threaded screw holes put into my preban receiver that not even Chris knew what they were for!  Totally bizarre..like 1/4" and throuh the rail in one area (way to high for scope mount).  Ahh, Gucciano...we miss you.

take care,
Tec
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 4:19:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 10:35:44 AM EDT
[#8]
I was fortunate? to get most of my parts back from gucci goo. I have been goin over them for the last few months trying to figure out what to do with them. I also have some mystery holes in a couple of my receivers. I sent new receivers and they came back used, figured that one out, he must have used them for "practice" on his "original rivet jig". Heck, I can't trust anything that has been returned :(

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top