Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/21/2003 11:49:34 AM EDT
Hello, I know nothing about AK's. I want to buy an AK receiver and then buy a bulgarian or polish parts kit and semi auto parts to add to it.

My question is what is the best AK receiver to build one of these parts kits on? I want one that has a finish already, and all the stuff that it needs put on it. Iv'e seen a few and they say needs rails or something, so it sounds like Id have to take it by a shop to finish.

What I want is a finished receiver, that I simply buy the parts kit and put it together, without welding or bending or refinishing.

And I want a good quality one too. Thanks much
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 12:28:42 PM EDT
Ive had great results with ohio ordanince built 2 so far one was 4 hours start to finish 2nd one same but included break for lunch the more you make the easier they get.
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 7:09:09 PM EDT
Oh and I think I want a milled receiver. Ill check into ohio ordinance some more, I could find them on the net? I read in another thread about having to buy a riveting machine, is that for building a receiver or what?

I shouldn't need any special tools if I buy amilled rceiver right?
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 4:43:11 AM EDT
STamped Ohio Ord Works for $60, JoeKen for a Vulcan/Hesse for $40, or Firingline for a milled about $300 seem to be the options.

This is otherwise a Build It Yourself Forum question.
Top Top