Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/12/2003 2:13:26 PM EDT
Vector had a tanle at the Creek, They are making Aks now, It looked nice though it was welded instead of rivited..They said the production models would be riveted though..

Price is $425, and it looked very nice imo.

If the quality is good I think this is a very atractive alternative to SARs for a few buck more..

I would have brought one home from the creek but they could only sell to dealers, and I would rather have rivets. So I will be ordering one in a few weeks and will give a report...Later!!
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 2:21:50 PM EDT
I wish it were this Vektor...This would be the ultimate AK.

Link Posted: 10/12/2003 2:23:08 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 2:50:22 PM EDT

holy shades of hexxe, batman!

hey...weld it, screw it or rivet it...it's damn hard to ruin a kalashnikov!

sounds like Hexxe managed to ruin a Kalashinkov or two!!

Vector seems to have a good reputation with there Uzi's so I will give it a try, If it doesnt work I can allways sell it over on dot.nutz... Bwaaahahahahahah!!!!
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 4:22:58 PM EDT
All,

I ran into Coltshorty14 at the creek....we shared quality time discussing and viewing the Vector AKs.....

They are welded, but unlike the HeXXe abominations, they are welded and then milled/sanded flush with the receiver. You can't even see the welds. I was impressed and Coltshorty and I discussed the pros and cons at length.....

They are a definite improvement over the SARs currently on the market....

For $425.00 I would buy one.

KF
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 5:04:42 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 5:23:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/12/2003 5:25:05 PM EDT by coltshorty14]
That may be dealer price? He only said since they were not a KY dealer they couldnt sell to the public, Valkrye Arms was there with a sweet looking semi-auto Sten that I wanted to take home and they also could'nt sell to cause they were not from KY?

He told me I could send him my dealer's ffl and payment and they would ship. My dealer charges only $10 to take a transfer for me...
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 5:34:10 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 8:01:46 PM EDT
krinkfreak,

Are you telling me that you went all the way down there to see and photo cool stuff and you didn't get A SINGLE PIC TO POST OF THIS NEW AK! FOR SHAME!!!!

Do you know who's parts they are using (I assume its a Tantal from coltshorty14's first post)? Who's receiver? Are they importing the parts? Tell me more!

Brick
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 8:18:41 PM EDT
Hmmmm

So if I weld my AK rec. and kit together, it would run great?
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 2:29:44 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Brick:
krinkfreak,

Are you telling me that you went all the way down there to see and photo cool stuff and you didn't get A SINGLE PIC TO POST OF THIS NEW AK! FOR SHAME!!!!

Do you know who's parts they are using (I assume its a Tantal from coltshorty14's first post)? Who's receiver? Are they importing the parts? Tell me more!

Brick

My first thought was the vendors would take exception to having their products/weapons photographed.....but after thinking about it, it only helps them advertise. I should have approached it from that angle. My bust.

Then on the other hand, I'm sure the one vendor in the new section of the show area did not want me photograph the MAK 90 SPORTER which had the full spike bayonet configuration and threaded barrel with nut......or I'm sure the StG58 on top of the counter inside the store with original flash hider built on a R1A1 Imbel Receiver should not have been photographed.....

You never know what you will see at The Creek....

KF
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 2:33:15 AM EDT

Originally Posted By M4_Aiming_at_U:
Hmmmm

So if I weld my AK rec. and kit together, it would run great?

If done correctly, sure...it will run.

But you will always know that it does not have rivits like the originals.....some people will always feel the need to point this out when you carry it around.....

KF
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 2:39:06 AM EDT
krink,

did this ak have a slant break?
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 2:53:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/13/2003 4:15:21 AM EDT by krinkfreak]
I believe the Vector AK did have a slant brake. Coltshorty14 will know for sure.

KF
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 3:59:19 AM EDT
interesting, can't wait to see it
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 5:43:23 AM EDT
Anybody notice or hear anything about what receiver Vector will be using for their offerings? Will it be a Vector home grown receiver, or one of the others (like the Ohio Ord/ITM)?
Top Top