Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/10/2003 10:29:13 PM EDT
Anyone ever tried to fit a Krinkov top cover to a non-krink AK? I know the hinge mechanism isn't there, but does it fit otherwise?

Are the dimensions pretty much the same?

I'm in the process of trading my AR for an AK-USA "AK103K" and since it's already a fictional gun (albeit a sweet one) I've been kicking ideas around about trying something like this so it can be my "poor mans krink"

Of course it's not a cheap rifle, so that's why I thought I'd ask if a Krink cover could be made to fit without modification to the rifle itself.

thanks.

Also, does anyone know if the new AK-100 series smooth top covers are interchangeable with the original milled AK-47 smooth top covers?

Link Posted: 10/11/2003 9:10:14 AM EDT
Anyone?

I know someone has a Krink cover sitting around and can give it a try for me!
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 9:01:47 PM EDT
All of the various AK top covers are pretty much interchangable with each other on standard receivered AKs.There are small variances in length, but most can be swapped out quite readily.

The problem with the krink cover lies with the hinge arrangement on the front, and getting it to fit the retaining slot on the rear sight support on a standard AK. I believe that with some ingenuity, you could get it to work, but as far as what modifications you would have to make, I am unsure.

For the money that you would pay for the Krink cover, I would think about getting a smooth top cover and adding one of those high speed low drag rear sights from Krebs!

Chuck
Top Top