Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2003 9:06:38 PM EDT
I have this little book here that I picked up cheap called "The Complete Kalashnikov Family of Assault Rifles", and found some info in it.

It's talking about 40-rd RPK-74 magazines.

Anyone in the US sell these?  Is there a such thing as an AK-74 (5.45) drum?
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 9:40:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I have that book.  It's a little outdated, as it was written before the import ban, and the fall of the Soviet Union.  

The RPK-74 magazines are 45-rounders, and can be found, but normally not from actual distributors.   They are rare enough to be pretty pricey.  

There are no drums for 5.45, altough there is a "coffin" mag which uses a quad-stack mechanism.  I don't think any pre-ban coffin mags are in the US though.  

Hit various sites classifieds/equiptment exchange boards and keep an eye out.  That's about the best bet.
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 5:04:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Hmmm,

How about a 50 rounder?

I really love mine.
I have a conection, but he isnt ready to sell in mass numbers. Once he does I'll let you all in on it.
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 9:27:09 AM EDT
[#3]
How about a 45 round magazine made from (2) 30 round mags?

They are for sale here www.joeken.net/store/gunsnet.asp.  Click on the GUNSNET Deal.  They should be $27.99.

Here is more info on the AK74 mags: www.gunsnet.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=128037

HiCap's mag pics: www.gunsnet.net/album/showgallery.php?cat=500&si=&thumb=1&page=1&sort=1&perpage=12&papass=&ppuser=8789&stype=
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top