Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/10/2003 5:59:19 PM EDT
Got home at 4:00 PM. Good day, not great day.
Got AR and AK LULAs from Dennys, 5.45 black mags from som new guy. $15.00 a piece. Got to
talk to Todd Sellars about installation of fake
side folder on AK74. Very reasonably priced, thanks Jeepcreep.
Main thing I noticed was large number of preban
AK 47s, both straight stocks and underfolders.
Polytechs and Norincos, 7.62 and .223, $800 to $1400. Got to have one of those Polytech underfolders.
I still think Bulletfest has ruined Knob Creek for me.  
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 6:18:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 6:30:54 PM EDT
[#2]
the fucking lights being off didn't help either....
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 12:50:58 AM EDT
[#3]
My vehicle is packed and I'm getting ready to hit the road for The Creek.  Dredd, thanks for the update.

I'm going in boys......someone pull me out before all my money is gone!!!!!

I will be wearing an InRange T-Shirt.....

KF
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 5:35:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Jeep.. did you mean to say send me the money?
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 11:59:41 AM EDT
[#5]
"Rapid Fire Connection"

Link Posted: 10/12/2003 2:17:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 2:24:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Congratulations on quitting Bob. Tell me how, PLEASE. You can feel assured that anything you missed this fall will probably be there in the spring.
Read the last line of my topic begiining again and know that it is true.
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 3:44:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 3:52:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Campy,

You are correct about The Creek....it is a shopping tradition.  "If you can't find it at The Creek, then it was never made in the first place..."

I look forward to attending Bulletfest next year.  I know it's a big event and time consuming.....if you need help, then I will take Leave from the military and come up there for a week and help you get setup.  When it's done.....we will sit down and have a rum and cigar....but only if your health permits.

Troy
KF
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 4:01:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Okay......here's what I saw while at the creek....

Lots of prebans for sale....Private sale and Dealers.  Seems like everyone is getting worried about 2004.

Talked to one guy on a private sale.....he had a Norinco .223 underfolder for sale.....was asking $750.00   I was really tempted to purchase, but after shooting my Krinkov underfolder and feeling the underfolder against my cheek, I'm just not comfortable with it....I told the guy it would sell pretty quick, and it did.  He unloaded it for $700 with a total of three thirty rounders.

I talked at length with Troy Sellars afterwards, and he said it was no big loss.  The underfolder receivers are EXTREMELY difficult to convert to side folders because of the big hole in the rear of the receiver.  So, I don't feel too bad for letting it get by.....

One dealer had a carousel of preban AKs for sale.....and they were still all there at the end of the day.  No one was buying them at all.

I picked up my AMD-65 Kit from Shane at Centerfire and left it with Troy for a future build.  

OOW was selling 1919 metal links for $70 per thousand.....So I picked up one box for my 1919 to go with the linker I got from Rapid Fire.  No more "finger" loading cloth belts for me!!!

LOTS of HK stuff there.....

KF
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 5:25:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Another possibility about the prebans coming out of the woodwork is the state of the economy.  The past few gunshows that I've attended have been duds; fewer dealers, fewer johns buying stuff.  And the dealers all commenting that laid-off folks are trying toe clean out the closets.  I expect that many of the prebans are being sold for needed cash, with urgency further fueled by speculation of price drops in a year.  

I still look for Chinese stuff to stay reasonably firm because AW ban or not, the Chinese import ban is still there.

JMO and observations,

Noah
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 5:59:11 PM EDT
[#12]
If somebody here could pick me up the $70 1919 links, I would be very glad to pay for the shipping to Detroit. Man I could use those. Those are kinda hard to find for some reason.
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 5:59:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 6:08:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Campy, the underfolder was there on Saturday afternoon between the cafeteria and gunshow.  

The OOW links are compatible with .308, 30.06, and 8MM.  Thank goodness I got my 1919 with three barrels!!!

KF
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 3:53:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 3:58:49 AM EDT
[#16]
There was another vendor selling the links in a big plastic ziplock bag, for $50 per thousand.

I noticed the advertisement saying the links were for two calibers, not all three......Not knowing any better, and wanting to make sure I knew what I was getting, I went with Ohio Ordnance.

KF
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 12:51:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Sweet, thanks.
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 1:42:44 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
yeah dredd, but the creek is a tradition for me.

me and the guys that usually go with me were discussing it at the plateshoot, this morning.

and we talked with two guys that went down there on friday, also.

the group opinion is that bulletfest is more fun and that knob creek is a shopping tradition for the guys.

next spring, i'll have been off the nicotine for awhile. even being around waldo and plateshooter's cigars still makes me want to light one up.

you KNOW how much i enjoy a good smoke...and a good rum.

damn! it's freakin' weird. quiting was easy. no shakes. no withdrawals. no headaches. no nothing.

it's staying 'quit' that is freakin' me out. i just like to smoke. i smoked and raced pedal bikes at a regional/district level for years!

it's kinda like having a gsxr-1100 and NOT running the sonnovabitch up to 160 mph, if you get my drift! heheheh!

Hang in there CampyBob, 2nd month for me without smokes take it a day at a time, we are stronger than the enemy !

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top