Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/10/2003 8:52:44 AM EDT
Just got my complete Polish underfolding AKM kit.  IT is very sweet and with a bonus feature, it came with the full auto parts.  Hmmmmm. What should I do?  Assemble the dam thing and hide it somewhere in my house where it can't be found by the fed-gestapo? I would certainly like to fire it with the full-auto feature.  

The serial number on it begins with 1984xxxxxxxxxxxx240. Does this mean it was made in 1984 and the 240th unit produced in that production line?

Link Posted: 10/10/2003 9:55:55 AM EDT
[#1]
It's not necessarily a bonus feature.  The weapon itself was a functioning select-fire weapon that you purchased as a kit.

"Assemble the thing and hide it in the house?"

Are you nuts?  Do you understand the legal ramifications for having an unlicensed machinegun???

Do yourself a favor, have the kit assembled by a reputable gunsmith, with the correct number of US parts, and ensure it's compliant with Section 922r.

Keep your fingers crossed that the AW Ban sunsets and maybe you can have an underfolder stock.

Take care,

KF
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 10:11:49 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I would certainly like to fire it with the full-auto feature.

FA is not just a "feature".  You cant just install the autosear and then take it out...it requires an extra hole to be drilled in the receiver.  Once that hole is drilled, the weapon is considered a machine gun even if you don't have the parts installed.

Do yourself a favor........get rid of them!

Link Posted: 10/10/2003 10:23:48 AM EDT
[#3]
StariVojnik wrote:

"Just got my complete Polish underfolding AKM kit. IT is very sweet and with a bonus feature, it came with the full auto parts. Hmmmmm. What should I do? Assemble the dam thing and hide it somewhere in my house where it can't be found by the fed-gestapo? I would certainly like to fire it with the full-auto feature."

Posting things like that is probably one of the easiest ways of getting yourself in trouble. These are public forums, and "ANYBODY" can be reading this. Now, lets say a Federal Agent is lurking around (and of course they do), and he sees your post. He may look at your post as intentions of doing something illegal. Not saying you are going to do this, but just be careful of statements like that.

Also, the anti's can easily use statements like that as fuel against us. They look at this and then say, "you see what these people want to do with those machine gun kits" or "these forums are just a breeding ground for criminal activity".

While it all may sound a bit far fetched, we are living in strange times :)

Link Posted: 10/10/2003 10:32:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Damm Feds take the fun out of everything.  Maybe I can hide it your house? :)

Just kiddin'. I was being cutesy.  I understand the ramifications, plus I build my own AK's.  I have done several in the last couple of years.  

The kit surprised me this time with the autosear included.   The other kits that I have built on never came with it.  So you gotta understand, evil thoughts ran thru my mind while looking at the autosear for a few minutes.   ;)  

No I will not drill that famous extra hole that is so much talked about...

Yes...yesss  PLEASE 922r goaway!!! Lets hope that some idiot doesn't shoot up a childrens playground before the law expires next year!!!

If I were to weld the underfolder stock into place, would that be okay or do I still need to install a regular fixed butt stock?

Link Posted: 10/10/2003 10:39:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Welding, or permanently fixing the stock in the open position is acceptable.

Let us know how it turns out.

Take care,

KF
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 10:53:52 AM EDT
[#6]
I'll be more careful next time.   Isn't there freedom of speech anymore in this country? :(

Link Posted: 10/10/2003 10:57:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Great, I can keep the folder then!!!  But the minute the ban is lifted, im removing the spot welds pronto!
:)
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top