Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/8/2003 4:27:52 AM EDT
Thinking about putting one on my 74 after furniture swapout. Found an old (?) flyer from RPB Industries with an aluminum non-folder that looks decent. Called and they will be at Knob Creek this weekend. Anybody have any experience with these stocks, and possibly a picture?
Rotdorn, you ruined me with that InRange Bulgarian at Bulletfest.
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 4:34:19 AM EDT
I saw one on a Krinkov at the Dayton Gunshow. Handled it, shouldered it.....it's okay. Definitely not the original, but very close.

KF
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 4:42:22 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 6:12:28 AM EDT
I don't know why I'm spending anything on guns,because of those projects. No time to shoot.
M96 is still virgin; will bust this weekend, let you know.
Barry, just saw the name change on here this AM.
Will now refer to Mr. Jeep
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 6:33:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/8/2003 6:34:37 AM EDT by William_lxix]
I got one from RPB and put it on my SAR 2. I like the look, the 'feel' wasn't right so I put a cheek rest I had from ACE stocks on it and that made all the difference with using the Kobra. Drawback is that, if I take the Kobra off there is NO using the iron sights. Head is too high.

Still a work in progress.

It's my FIRST (owned) AK and it is kinda fun to work on! Got out alot of aggression removing the front sight post! Woo-Hoo! No wonder people call the AK a 'Beater' gun!

Still need to get the barrel cut back and threaded, then attach the long muzzle break and have it welded. Then it will wear a rattle can paint job...

I am awaiting my Red Star Trigger and mag release.

THANK YOU to all you here who helped me 'Cross-Over'!

Edited: to fix pic.
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 8:08:05 AM EDT
I've owned a couple of the RPB stocks and like them a lot. Also (briefly) owned a Krink with "the real thing" and prefer the RPB! It does not wiggle (my real Krink stock did, even tho it was pinned/welded open), has a reversible sling swivel of a commercial size (no 3/8" Eurotrash here) and FEELS a tad bit longer than the real deal.

Here's one on my SAR-2 (recently sold the gun):

and one on my Intrac MkII (which will have to be pried from my cold dead hands):

In both cases, I have mounted the Bulgarian "grenade launcher" recoil pad, which helps greatly in improving the feel and utility of this stock.

Top Top