Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/7/2003 10:04:11 AM EDT
Someone alluded to something bad going on about gunsnets' Kalashnikitty TShirts. Since I wont find anything about it there, what is the story?
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 10:20:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 10:36:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes, same board. In a thread here, I think the DU/.net ban contest it was suggested that a quick way to get banned on .net was to bring up some woman not getting payed for the kitty shirts or something. And now I do see GreyWolf here and not there so now Im really confused. What happened?
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 10:51:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Message over there saying Bowhunt has stepped down?
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 10:53:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes, it does say that there. But isnt he like 5 different people on that board?
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 10:55:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Greywolf was the original designer of the Kalashnikitty.. T -shirt.
He had no copyright on it that I know of.. you have to ask him.
But the shirts started getting real popular.
Next thing you know an annoucement come up on GUN.nutz that they are selling the "official"
AK-47.nutz Kalashnikitty T-shirt.

Better to get the full story from Greywolf. I may have missed something or left something out by mistake
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 11:48:00 AM EDT
[#6]
The kitty is copyrighted by somebody else, the kalashnikitty is the customized work of a gun fan who sold them in very limited numbers fully expected to be off the radar screen of the kitty originator. Dotnet took the exact custom/bootleg design and claimed it as their own to sell. And if there is a nasty case of denial, I have screen pics on disk. They are about as handy as my saved pics of SOBR's 3rd pin dummy AK :)
Nevermind dotnet's AK shirts that are clones of the Calvin Klien CK logo; I doubt there is consumer confusion at risk.
http://www.ak-47.net/store/Tshirts.htm
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 12:18:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 1:12:27 PM EDT
[#8]
My gut tells me to go with the seals called him back.

But, I hope he goes back to Grammer school.  The headaches from reading his posts are driving me crazy.
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 2:35:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Kalashnikitty art was done by another person, not Greywolf, who gave the art to Greywolf to make teeshirts AND gave the art to AKnet after Greywolf didn't sell them there anymore due to their terms of selling stuff. Greywolf decided to take the selling elsewhere, who can blame him. The artist won't name himself online for legal reasons, even though he is fully aware of all pertinent laws regarding copyright and parody, by which said shirt design is defensible. IF Sanryo was tipped by anyone, that person (two actually) would be known by the artist and it would make the artist sad that a fellow gun owner would use low blows like that to harm a fellow or other board.

I think you can still find them online if you look enough though. There are some places that have them.

Cheers!
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 3:59:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 4:05:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 3:23:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 3:48:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 6:56:46 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

....For limited runs like Greywolf was doing, Sanrio doesn't give a damn - it's not a "business" - it's like bootleg concert tapes and stuff.

For someone making a business out of the shirts, that's another story.

Yeah, taht's why you can still find them out on the web, they are still available.

That pic in the trip to Russia thread was great!
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 8:09:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 6:00:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Hey !!  You said Kalashnikitty......

Link Posted: 10/9/2003 6:40:14 AM EDT
[#17]
OOoooh, I want one of those t-shirts. My wife will wear it for me. If I can get the original artwork for that T-shirt, I'll get one made myself.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top