Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/5/2003 11:57:04 PM EDT
You might have already seen these pics but I just thought I’d put them for all to see.

Best regards, J

Link Posted: 10/6/2003 12:24:00 AM EDT
[#1]
they could make a killing selling those over here! what were they thinking?!?
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 2:00:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Ya just Gotta wonder....

What happened to all the Snipers?
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 2:19:01 AM EDT
[#3]
man that hurts bad.....what a waste.

KF
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 3:38:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Some will make it back, brought back by GIs illegaly.

Theres probably just as many if not more "war trophy" Drags in the US then the 100 or so that were officially imported. I have seen 5 war trohpy Drags in the US.
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 5:19:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 5:36:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Did someone say Road Trip? Who wants to ride shotgun?
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 8:26:45 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Did someone say Road Trip? Who wants to ride shotgun?

The Road Warrior is ready, cash and various forms of ID at the ready.
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 11:50:37 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
the humanity!!!!

Makes you wanna cry, huh? I could think of a number of better uses for one of those guns, mostly here at my house.
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 2:08:48 PM EDT
[#9]
(sarcasm on)
Why don't you guys think of the children! it's for the children people!(sarcasm off)
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 2:27:01 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
(sarcasm on)
Why don't you guys think of the children! it's for the children people!(sarcasm off)

Hey! I am a child at heart. Does that count, now gimme!
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 3:40:47 PM EDT
[#11]
As cool as SVDs are, I'd rather see them destroyed then being fired at our troops from some Iraqi window.

So are those all Russian, or are they Chinese drags?
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 8:16:04 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
As cool as SVDs are, I'd rather see them destroyed then being fired at our troops from some Iraqi window.

I have to agree with you 100 percent about that. I would rather see every AK, RPG, and pistol destroyed, that would be used against our troops. I wouldn't even let them have a BB gun, or a sling shot

So are those all Russian, or are they Chinese drags?

it's probably a mixture iraqi made, russian and chinese SVDs.....the ones I saw at KHAMISIYAH bunker complex in 91 were soviet made.

Link Posted: 10/7/2003 10:15:06 PM EDT
[#13]
DAMN YOU.  [>Q]
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 5:59:38 AM EDT
[#14]
I saw an article that talked about buying new AKs for the new Iraqi Army after we destroyed a shit-load of them. I wonder if we will play to replace these like we did with the AKs.
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 12:11:10 PM EDT
[#15]
What a waste... sheesh...

The govt could recoup some of the "Iraq War" costs selling those in the U.S., already got thumbhole sporter stocks & 10 rd mags

I know it'll never happen though, wishful thinking....
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 12:22:09 PM EDT
[#16]
right before i got to Kuwait, one of the contractors for another company had taken his company car into iraq to do just that...buy some AKs...he made it to the marketplace, and was damn near beat to death, he made it outa there, but his car and himself were beat up very badly.  the moral of the story being, if youre gonna go into iraq to buy weapons on the black market, dye your hair black, get a tan and grow a beard.  
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 4:58:51 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
............the moral of the story being, if youre gonna go into iraq to buy weapons on the black market, dye your hair black, get a tan and grow a beard.  

it would also help if you speak that camel gibberish....I don't believe saying, "yo dude, how much for the AK?" will fool them into believing you're  a fellow flea infested, camel fucking, raghead.
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 1:46:04 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

it would also help if you speak that camel gibberish....I don't believe saying, "yo dude, how much for the AK?" will fool them into believing you're  a fellow flea infested, camel fucking, raghead.

great response. makes me proud to post here.

Link Posted: 10/10/2003 2:12:26 PM EDT
[#19]

believing you're a fellow flea infested, camel fucking, raghead.

Dude, Arabs the world-over have a very rich history, culture, and level of education.  You're entitled to your beliefs, but to put it nicely, you have no basis to make such a statement, and I hope the rest of our members are of finer character.

take care,
Tec

P.S...ahh, nevermind, I recognize your nick.  Just let this thread die.
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 9:43:57 PM EDT
[#20]
What are these weird-stocked things?   Kind of looks like a PK/PKM type but without the telltale slot in the stock.    ?????
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 11:38:22 PM EDT
[#21]
They are just that.... they are most definately
Yugoslavian M84 PKMs 7.62X54R. Most found in Iraq were year 2000-2002 production dated, and came with US military style manuals in english!

There are some minor differences in this M84 vs. the standard com-bloc PKM....

-C
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top