Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/5/2003 10:38:41 AM EDT
I've been looking at bayonets for the AK-74. Here is the one I see the most of. Under $30 new, half that used. Can this be used with or without the muzzle brake? How does it attach in the back? I can't see any kind of "lug" in the pictures I'm seeing. Anyone have one? I'd like to see some pictures of how it attaches. Will this work on a Romanian SAR-2?

Link Posted: 10/5/2003 10:41:50 AM EDT
[#1]
The muzzle brake must be present.  The retaining lug is on the front sight base on the real deal, neutered on yours.

I got one as a freebie in a K-var kit.  The blade is useless as a knife.
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 10:57:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Illegal to be mounted on an SAR-2...

Also Illegal to have a sharpened bayonet(Geneva Convention), that is why it is useless as a knife!!
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 11:05:11 AM EDT
[#3]
You can get a decent edge on an M7 and an M9 Bayonet.

I dont think its due to the geneva convention.  I think it is due to wanting to keep the blade thick on the bulgarian/russian pattern blade.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top