Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2003 8:46:52 PM EDT
I've got a bug for another '74. I like the looks of the upcoming SSR-74-2's from Global Trades. I had a Romanian a few years ago and loved the accuracy and low recoil, just did not like the naked muzzle (no 74 brake). I also had a pre-ban 'style' AK74 from Tennessee Guns but it was a non-functioning weapon (stove piped empties during ejection).
Should I wait for the SSR-74's or their other/better choices?
Link Posted: 9/27/2003 10:11:13 PM EDT
Have kit built by one of the good builders.

OR, there are some other options, like for example watch the equiptment exchange/classifieds on "the other site" (AK-47.net). I suggest this simply because their classifieds see a much higher volume of AK-related items then the ones here.

I have seen quite a few kit built jobs being sold by individuals over there for good prices.

Last thing I can think of is perhaps Ohio Rapid Fire. I think they can build 74s to order, but I'm not 100% sure. Someone can clear that up I'm sure.

Oh, almost forgot. What I did was order the "AK-74M" from Krebs Custom. It's the high-end answer to your question, running at $1000, but it's very high quality.
Link Posted: 9/28/2003 4:17:32 AM EDT
Bulgy 74 kit and custom build is the best deal right now IMO for a top notch 5.45. Mine gets 2 1/2" groups and is my favorite gun out of a dozen calibers on hand. I think gunsnstuff.com has the kits still for $192. Roughly $700 total after all parts choices and builder issues are done.
Link Posted: 9/28/2003 4:35:36 AM EDT
Ditto on the recommendation to get a kit and have a builder put it together.

I spoke with Troy Sellars (InRange) yesterday and he is finishing up the latest Krinkov Project. His next run of weapons will be a batch of AK-74s. Mike at Ohio Rapid Fire can build AKs just about anytime.

Troy Sellars built AK-74:

Mike at ORF built AK-74:

Top Top