Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/27/2003 5:02:09 AM EDT
Anyone order one of these Yugo SKS's that have the log book with them? Aim says "Original Military "Log Book" Serialized to the Rifle"

I did yesterday. It only cost me $10 extra on top of what the SKS cost. So just what the hell is a log book and what will is have in it?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/27/2003 11:36:00 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't know what would be in it, but it is funny that you would be charged extra for something that's no good without the rifle.
Link Posted: 9/27/2003 1:57:45 PM EDT
[#2]
The log books are books that were started when the rifles were either built or when they went through refurbishment. They contain all sorts of information showing things like when and to whom the rifle was issued, repairs made, bore wear checks, etc. The books are all written in Yugoslavian, however this link will show a translation to English. www.asbrand.com/pics/guns/yugo_m59-66_logbook/  The Yugo M59, M59/66 were all produced at the Zastava plant. In the front of the book you will find a blue stamp. If the stamp has the word Zastava, then it is the original book issued to the rifle when the rifle was built, however most of the books have stamps that show the log books were created when the rifles were rebuilt. One common stamp is from TRZ Cacak.  The TRZ Cacak is a repair and maintenance factory. If your book has any stamp on the first page other than the Zastava stamp, it would be a new book issued from when the rifle was rebuilt or when it was modified from a M59 to the M59/66.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top