Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2003 6:59:49 AM EDT
I just picked up a Maadi ARM AK imported by Intrac. It has a folding stock and threaded muzzle. The date under the sight is 1/94.

Two questions:

1. Any chance it is a true pre-ban? I have heard that all Intracs were post-bans.

2. Would the folding stock and threaded muzzle come with the original gun or are they most likely add on?

I posted a similar thread yesterday but I went ahead deleted it because I didn't ask the right questions.

Any information would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 7:10:41 AM EDT
This rifle likely left the dealer with a thumbhole stock and muzzle nut spot welded on.

You should probably get a USA parts kit and put a conventional stock on it.
Put something on the muzzle and have it welded up again.

Alot of MAADI's were bent. Hope you got a straight one.
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 8:58:35 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 9:27:01 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Derek45:
This rifle likely left the dealer with a thumbhole stock and muzzle nut spot welded on.

This is what I suspected. I was hoping that the 1/94 date meant that some early Intact imports were pre-bans.

I have all the parts to make it legal and I picked it up real cheap so no big deal on the converson. However, it would be nice to keep the folding stock on it and that is why I asked the question.
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 6:03:51 PM EDT
I have a '95 Maddi ARM and after I corrected the windage on the front sight (it shot waaaay left), became one of my favorites. I do have the black polymer furniture on it and an AK-74 style brake which I highly recommend. Congrats on your purchase.
Top Top