Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/19/2003 3:10:24 PM EDT
Anyone seen/shot one of those VZ2000 being made by Ohio Ordnance Works? Interested in any comments good, bad, or indifferent. I do apologize for posting this on the AK forum, but they look an awful lot alike. Besides I figured the AK crowd would know about them that the AR crowd.

Thanks,
Todd
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 3:20:34 PM EDT
Seen it.....too ugly......it's almost as bad as the AN-94 Abakan.....

KF
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 3:33:07 PM EDT
I think they are pretty good looking rifles. A lot of people whome I've talked to about them say they think they're ugly, but I like the unique "lanky" look.

They are known as being built to excellent standards by OOW, as they should be for the price.

For a collector gun that can shoot well too, they look like a good deal to me.

The price really isn't that bad considering that you could buy high-end AR for about the same and not turn half as many heads at the range as the VZ.
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 8:00:07 PM EDT
I've read that the VZ is both lighter and smaller than any Kalishnikov made? I think this is in SGN IIRC?

I think it looks sweet, dont like the grey color, but OOW had one at the Pittsburgh gunshow last time that had wood and was parked, it was really nice, looks a hell of alot more compilcated than a AK though...

In conclusion I want one, Pittsburgh funshow this W/E I may haul sum stuff up to sell and get one....
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 5:14:18 AM EDT
Had a chance to shoot one a few months back. Pretty nice device.
It's a lot more finely produced weapon than most Kalashnikovs. I'm not sure what, if anything this says about the internal tolerances.
It shot just about the same 2.25" @ 100 yards as my Legend.
Although I didn't actually weigh it, it's a whole bunch lighter than a milled-receiver AK. Consequently, it kicks a tad bit more.
The disassembly proceedure is a little odd and not at all obvious until you get the hang of it.
T&E summary: Pretty nifty.
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 5:47:33 AM EDT
Top Top