Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/12/2003 10:57:59 AM EDT
I pre-ordered 10 waffle mags from Joeken on 8/20. They stated they were in the US and would ship in a week. I emailed them yesterday and they answered with the same thing. When will companies learn that you better damned well be sure that the product will be there on time before you take pre-orders. At least they haven't charged my credit card yet. If they had I would be really pissed. What is there to gain from allowing pre-orders?
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 1:05:49 PM EDT
Another post which shows that nothing has changed in their customer service for the past year. When they started up I gave them some slack for being new when my Bulgy 74 kits took a few weeks to get shipped, but there are no big signs of improvement.
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 1:22:38 PM EDT
That is impossible! In a post dated 8/18/03 they said they are in New York. So 3.5 weeks later they haven't made it from New York??? Uhhhh......maybe Gucciano runs the company?
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 1:44:11 PM EDT
I ordered around there too. I wrote them an email and they did respond. They said they were sorting. That's not exactly the way things are supposed to work. However, I only ordered three so maybe I'm small fish. I just hope I get three good ones... I'm wondering if I'm going to get any...
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 1:57:51 PM EDT
Not to take sides, but it is VERY common for large companies/distributors, to advertise before the shipment comes in.

I don't know if Joeken qualifes as "big", but I would put a years pay that 1/2 the companies in the ShotGun News do not have many of their special in stock the day the add runs

Case in point, InterOrnance started advertizing their Rommy 8mm "in lots up to a container" 3 or 4 months before they had a single round in stock.

Still, it does tend to piss you off though.........
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 2:57:35 PM EDT

Originally Posted By obershutze916:
Not to take sides, but it is VERY common for large companies/distributors, to advertise before the shipment comes in.

I don't know if Joeken qualifes as "big", but I would put a years pay that 1/2 the companies in the ShotGun News do not have many of their special in stock the day the add runs.........

--------------------------------------------

Not even CLOSE Ober.
I've been on the WAITING LIST for OVER A YEAR.

He sent us emails saying they were coming in -
HE PUT THEM ON HIS WEBSITE AS IN STOCK.

He said they would be in his shop ,and I ordered a WEEK after that.
That was TWO WEEKS AGO - and the
order is not processed yet.

I will give him a week more- then watch out!
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 3:46:23 PM EDT
How many do you want?

I know of a small quantity(Dozen)of them that would be about $19.95 Each + Shipping...

Let me know Via E-mail

KyARGuy
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 3:50:15 PM EDT
As a followup to my problem with them (posted a couple weeks ago), my CC company has credited the amount that Joeken charged (never received any merchandise, and 7 weeks of trying to get them to refund my card).

Now that I finally had to get my refund through a third party, Joeken is dead to me:)

take care,
Tec
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 4:46:46 PM EDT
Joeken is dead to me

Those guys seem pretty disorganized. In their latest catalog they list 20 round 5.45 mags. I called to see if said gadgets were in fact in stock. The guy I talked to had no idea what I was talking about, even when I verbally pointed out the page in the catalog.

Some people just don't have the personality make-up to run a business.
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 5:07:45 PM EDT
I ordered a Polish AK47 parts kit over three weeks ago. My CC was charged that same day and 5 days later I receive their catalog. I am still waiting for the kit.
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 5:09:01 PM EDT
After Mike Prewitt, and the Gooch (Informer) why on Earth would anyone STILL be dealing with one of the AK NET minions??????????
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 5:43:49 PM EDT
A buddy of mine told me tonight he ordered a 9mm AR upper in May from Jokein and he has not received it yet..
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 6:00:58 PM EDT

Originally Posted By AKM:
After Mike Prewitt, and the Gooch (Informer) why on Earth would anyone STILL be dealing with one of the AK NET minions??????????

I couldn't have said it better myself.
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 7:11:36 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Mbsk01:

Originally Posted By AKM:

I couldn't have said it better myself.

I did not know any better. Now I know to ask here first. I am new to the Dark Side. It is funny though, when I ordered the price was $159. Now it is $199.
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 10:59:09 AM EDT
/sigh

I know I'll never order from Joeken again.
Ordered on 8/20 I think- several e-mails later they are *still* supposed to be in by the end of the week.
I've now sent several e-mails asking for my order to be canceled, and have gotten nowhere...how can a company run its business so and hope to stay in business, with so many obviously unhappy customers?
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 11:42:07 AM EDT

Originally Posted By AKsRule:

Originally Posted By obershutze916:

I don't know if Joeken qualifes as "big", but I would put a years pay that 1/2 the companies in the ShotGun News do not have many of their special in stock the day the add runs.........

--------------------------------------------

Not even CLOSE Ober.
I've been on the WAITING LIST for OVER A YEAR.

He sent us emails saying they were coming in -
HE PUT THEM ON HIS WEBSITE AS IN STOCK.

He said they would be in his shop ,and I ordered a WEEK after that.
That was TWO WEEKS AGO - and the
order is not processed yet.

I will give him a week more- then watch out!

How am I not even close? What I stated is a standard practace within the industry.

Unfortunatly sometimes bad service is as well. Sounds like RGuns in the service department with these guys. I would be a little upset too, especially if I had been charged for them.

Link Posted: 9/13/2003 5:07:59 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 5:13:55 PM EDT
After dealing sucessfully with Joeken (but not without difficulty), I can say that I do not think Joe is an asshole. I really think he means well but is in a bit over his head.

Two rules for dealing with Joeken

1) Deal ONLY with Joe!!!!!!!

2) Make sure the item is in stock at the time you actually place the order or don't order it!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 5:36:24 PM EDT
Sorry Ober - nothing personal .
I was venting.

JoeKen has effectively been" advertising"
mags for over a year - and now he seems
to be WAFFLING on when he will
have them.
Top Top