Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/12/2003 6:33:17 AM EDT
Well I'm all packed up and ready to run off to gun school tonight. Its an AR class but I said screw it and am taking my AK as my primary and my HK91 as my backup. The instructor said he had no problem with it so its all good.

I've talked to 2 people who've been through it and they all immediatly told me about "the simulator" its sounds like a shitload of fun.

Heres a little info on it.

http://groups.msn.com/TheMarylandAR15ShootersSite/carbine1p1.msnw

I gotta show these AR guys the true power of the mighty AK.
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 4:45:50 PM EDT
Ok, what kind of AK are you bringing? If you are taking a 7.62x39, you might just be outdone by the ARs, if only because of their greater repeatability. But then maybe not...

From reading the description it sounds like if I did it I would absolutely have to go with some sort of bare bones AK or battle rifle setup, just to spite all the cyber-AR guys.

The whole "go-fast" AR thing just rubs me the wrong way. I mean seriously, some of these guys have to take the training wheels off there rifles.
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 6:45:25 AM EDT
I have to agree alittle. I like to run my AR's bone stock normally. But I do want to get a Colt or (leuapold)( SPELLING) compact scope for a tack driveing HBAR I have.
If you have a AK74 you prabaly close the gap alittle more than with a AK47. Hey it's all about learning and also haveing fun. Im sure I would have fun a learn even if I took a Dasiy Red Rider. :) WarDawg
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 2:45:23 PM EDT
Sure, a scope or or reddot of some kind is A-OK, I'm talking about the carbines that weigh 10 pounds because of all the useless crap tacked on.
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 5:19:51 PM EDT
You mean the kind that require the dreaded Assault Wheelbarrow to tote?
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 6:22:54 PM EDT
LOL, yeah. Ballistic Kevlar wheelbarrow with heads up display.
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 10:43:05 AM EDT
Most of those cute little gadgets take a day off in inclimate weather,I'll stick to the KISS principal.Keep it simple,stupid!
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 6:55:47 AM EDT
I took a barebones SAR-1 and was ridiculed by most of the class aside from the other guy in the class with a heavily modded ak.

It started off a little heavy with full 30 rounders but I got used to it. As for accuracy, there was no issue. I scored the second highest out of the class during the qualifications and had 0 problems during the scrambler.

The scrambler was 2 shots at 6" hanging steel plates prone from 75 yards, kneeling from 50 yards and standing from 30 yards.

The only jam I had was during the jam clear session where the teacher jams an extra round upside down and backwards, down into your trigger group or where ever else he can fit one.

The class was very informative and all kinds of fun. Id recommend it to anyone here on the east coast.
Top Top