Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/10/2003 6:55:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/10/2003 7:02:23 PM EDT by Gun_Fanatic]
See my webshots album. community.webshots.com/user/keith_sparks

I got tired of the scratched up badly machined romanian carrier I had. So I polished it up. Darn near looks chrome. What do you guys think? A little too polished? Looks out of place? I was thinking of rebluing, but I dunno.

Thanks for any opinions.
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 7:59:12 PM EDT
It looks cool. Really shiny though, shows all the imperfections.
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 8:01:44 PM EDT
Nice AK! I like OD furniture. That doesn't look like Kvar stuff though. What is it?
Is there an advantage to a polished carrier? I know a lot of AK's have them. It looks kewl. I don't imagine it's any more tactical. Kinda like the female marine I saw on Wings tonight, who was in the field with diamond earrings on. Well, not quite that bad, sorry.
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 8:54:28 PM EDT
I know what you mean about the imperfections. I don't know if I should continue polishing and correcting these imperfections, or blue it. Oh well.

The furniture is the origional romanian stuff with OD krylon (or was it rustoleum? forgot). After a cleaning I realized that paint doesn't like solvent, so I re did it and minwaxed it. Good so far. I wish I sprayed the minwax though, it looks like someone smeared elmers glue all over it. either way it works and looks OK.

Diamond earrings in the field? LOL I know there's no advantage, but I thought it would look cool. I'm just tinkering.

Link Posted: 9/10/2003 9:15:36 PM EDT
I went the same route. Polish... didn't like. Cold blue...Forget it. Now, went back to flat black, using high temp ceramic engine paint. Good to go!
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 3:26:06 AM EDT
Its how I made mine, I love it! The flash of silver going back and forth while pumping round after round into whatever target or berm ....ok ..um im gonna relax now.
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 8:27:31 AM EDT
Did the same mod to mine too, looks just like that one ^^^^ up their to the left at the top of the page.
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 5:03:16 PM EDT
I think we should steer clear of ethnic jokes, like I Polished up a Romainian carrier. Is that analougous to a money having a intimate relationship with a football ?
Top Top