Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/7/2003 5:30:00 PM EDT
I am not sure if this is a stupid question. I was wondering since I know alot of red dot sights are not. I wasn't sure if the fact that it was a reflex sight made a difference

Thanks

Link Posted: 9/7/2003 10:33:11 PM EDT
Im pretty sure anything thats non magnification or single lens is paralax free.

I think.
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 10:50:52 PM EDT
Mine appears to be. That was my main selling point.

Now if I could only sight the damn thing in... Didn't have the right tools when I was at the range.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 4:39:21 AM EDT
I did some experimenting with my EKP-1S-03M and, as near as I can tell (with my tired old eyes), the POI does not shift when you place the dot (by shifting your head)to the side/top/bottom of the lens.

As an aside; mine definitely does not return to zero after dismounting/re-mounting; unless you conside 9 MOA high and 3 MOA left "close enough". Yes, I did follow the posted mount adjusting instructions to the letter.

Luck,

SD
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 6:22:58 AM EDT
Close to parallax free. You can fix it on the bench and move around to see the dot on the same target, but it does shift a wee bit. I have never seen any red dot totally parallax free.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 6:11:15 PM EDT

Originally Posted By RS39:
Close to parallax free. You can fix it on the bench and move around to see the dot on the same target, but it does shift a wee bit. I have never seen any red dot totally parallax free.

What he said...
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 12:43:59 PM EDT
I took my EKP-1S-03M and my SAM-7S to the range last weekend. Sighted it in at 50 yards using Uly HP ammo. 10 shot goups were under 2 inches at 50 yards! Twice I took the sight off then put it back on between 10 shot groups. I could not detect any change in the zero. Maybe the quality of the side rail has some bearing.
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 2:55:17 PM EDT
I could not detect any change in the zero. Maybe the quality of the side rail has some bearing.

I'll try unmounting/remounting again. Maybe I got a hampster stuck in the rail last time.

Best,

SD
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 3:20:49 PM EDT

Originally Posted By SailorDude:
I could not detect any change in the zero. Maybe the quality of the side rail has some bearing.

I'll try unmounting/remounting again. Maybe I got a hampster stuck in the rail last time.

Best,

SD

ive mounted/unmounted mine at least 20 times, and it still holds zero.
Im very suprised at how accurate, and how well these kobras hold zero.
Top Top