Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/7/2003 9:08:16 AM EDT
I recently replaced the wire "shepherd’s crook" with a Red Star Arms plate that was designed to replace this. After test firing at the range, I found that now the trigger will not come all the way forward to start position after firing. I have to either release all tension on the trigger, or sometimes actually have to push the trigger back manually with my trigger finger before it will engage again.

Has any body else had this problem after using this plate shepherd’s crook replacement from Red Star Arms, or did I just reassemble it improperly? I thought I followed instructions.

Any input is appreciated.
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 9:43:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Make sure the tail wires on the hammer spring are hooked ovet the two top rear legs of the trigger.  You may have inadvertently unhooked one or both.
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 10:38:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 11:53:30 AM EDT
[#3]
You might also check if the trigger is to toght on the pin.  The Red Star holder may hold the pin from turning (good in my opinion)and the trigger may not be piviting so well on the pin.

Brick
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 11:57:59 AM EDT
[#4]
I will check all the suggested items when I clean it tonight - Thanks for your input guys!

DR
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top