Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/4/2003 4:48:06 PM EDT
Hey Guys,
I've got a hankering for a new AK74, and was wondering if anyone knew where I could source a Bulgarian AK74 parts kit. Everywhere I look seems to be sold out! I'm thinking about having Ohio Rapid Fire do the build, and want to get moving on my new toy! :-)
Thanks,
John
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 7:07:06 PM EDT
How about saving us a heap of redundant typing and telling us where you have looked so far?
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 8:35:20 PM EDT
Check the EE!!
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 4:22:06 AM EDT
I've looked in the usual places. K-Var. JoeKen. Even FAC (shudder). RS, Where else would you suggest? I'm not a big fan of ebay due to their anti-gun policies, nor auctions for that matter. Any other suggestions would be appreciated!
Thanks,
John
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 4:46:04 AM EDT
Maybe centerfire systems or global trades.

thanks for the ebay links fp
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 9:03:27 AM EDT
that first e-bay parts kit looks like top grade stuff (to my untrained eye). what would this quality parts kit sell for at one of the regular mail order places?

I ask because I have a SAR-2 that is darn nice, but would like another, more original '74 type rifle. I do not want to get in a bidding war and wind up paying double what the thing is worth (as happens at e-bay from time to time).
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 1:20:28 PM EDT
$170-200, plus shipping.
2 SAR2s from Aim or one Bulgy kit build. My Bulgy 74 is my favorite gun out of 'many'.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 2:06:31 PM EDT
RS39:
Thanks for the info. You guys warned me that one AK would eventually make me want another, shoulda ran away right then! But no, I got myself weaned on the SAR-2, swapped out the furniture, acquired a nice stock pile of 5.45 mags. Then that little voice in my head told me "now you need another '74".

Wham! DSD (Dark Side Disease) got another one!
Top Top