Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2003 11:51:02 AM EDT
I am trying to find a good US synthetic stock kit to fit my MAK 90.  All I have found are those cheap ones.  I can remember paying around $100 for a set.  anyone know

Link Posted: 9/2/2003 11:56:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Have you checked www.k-varcorp.com??

Their stock sets look like real good quality, but, from what I'm told, need a bit of fitting for the MAK-90.

I'm planning on picking up one for my MAK here soon.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 12:09:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I can't comment on ease of fitting for a MAK-90 but I have a K-Var black synthetic stock set for my SAR-1 and I love it.  It looks great and is very rugged/high quality.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 1:04:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Same as post above with an SAR-1, but took a little filing to put on butt stock.  Solid as a rock though, and not as hot as wood.

Just try giving k-var a call or something.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 2:22:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Got a K-Var set on my Maadi S/A. Took a little fitting. Looks way cool.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 4:25:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Be sure to check that your MAK has the straight cut receiver. If it does, the KVAR stocks will work fine if you are willing to do a little fileing on the stock. If you have one with the angle cut receiver you will have to use one of the Ironwood wooden stocks.

To be sure, you will have to take off the thumbhole stock to check the shape of the rear of the receiver.

Drue
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top