Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/29/2003 11:05:17 AM EDT
Thinking of building a Type-56 on one of those B-West recievers here, but I'm at a loss as to where to find furniture and the FSB/bayolug for one. K-Var used to carry the FSB but they appear to be LONG out of stock.
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 11:25:37 AM EDT
[#1]
www.polytechparts.com (Keng's) has complete 56s bbl. assemblies for a good price. I think Global may still have some. Global and K-var both carried Bulgarian AK47 (not AKM) fsb's that will fit the Chicom, check for the ones with 1/2" pin spacing. Only place I know for trunnions would be the MAK90 parts kits.
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 4:19:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 5:50:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I used to marvel at AA-0K, but now I've come to realize they are masters of overpricing.  I don't know about the Chinese items (never looked) but some of that Russian stuff....  NEW Russian AKM stock set, RARE $500!

Or how about the plum bayos? Why pay $49.99 at Northridge when you can buy our for $250?

I know it's off topic but Campy's link brought it back to my attention.
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 10:55:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Specificaly I'm looking for one with the SKS type bayo lug...
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 12:45:12 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
i thought the chinese ak-47's and akm's used the wide spacing older style fsb...3/4" (approx.) spacing???

aa-ok also carries a line of old chinese parts.

www.aa-ok.com/index.html

They do use 3/4 inch pin spacing, as well as all being hooded.
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 3:24:49 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
i thought the chinese ak-47's and akm's used the wide spacing older style fsb...3/4" (approx.) spacing???

www.aa-ok.com/index.html

Ooops! See what happens when you don't have a rifle in the office? Global's B-622 is reasonable at $12.99. The hoods don't matter much to me but if you must have authenticity Keng's or AA-OK would be the way to go. My 56s had the fully hooded fsb, as well as both MAK90's (milled and stamped). My NHM91 has an open fsb, the 'ears' resemble what you see on AKM's where both NHM90's are obviously cut off hooded sights with portions of the light/adjustment hole on top visible where they were cut off.

For the fsb with the pig sticker assembly you'll probably have to scour the For Sale boards. Global used to sell them along with a few other vendors but apparently they've dried up. I know I've seen the bare fsb with the lugs somewhere recently--Numrich perhaps? I'll shoot ya an IM if I figure out where I saw them.
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 9:13:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks a bunch Wes, I usually dont think about Numrich for assy. parts.
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 2:31:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Well, Numrich appears to be out too.

Geez, those things must be pretty cheesy...

Or there are a whole heck of a lot of of MAK90's with retro-fitted spike bayo assemblies!
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 2:59:51 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.aa-ok.com/index.html

Ooops! My 56s had the fully hooded fsb, as well as both MAK90's (milled and stamped). My NHM91 has an open fsb, the 'ears' resemble what you see on AKM's where both NHM90's are obviously cut off hooded sights with portions of the light/adjustment hole on top visible where they were cut off.

You should see how many simple mistakes I have made lately! It's in the air...(footus-consumous)

I'm glad you mentioned having some non-hooded FSB's. Even though I posted that all Chinese should be hooded, I am certain I have seen some without it in pictures. But, you say they were cut which makes sense now. Thanks for the tidbit.
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 3:05:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Trite as it sounds, I just want a AK that looks like the standard Chi-Com Vietnam AK....If I can find on it'll be the cheapest way to an old-fashioned Norinco Type 56. I cant justify spending $600 MORE dollars on a AKM for the privelidge of a gen-u-ine pre-ban. I know a lot of people get cheesed off at guys who thumb their nose at 922r, but once again, they have the money.

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top