Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2003 11:24:14 AM EDT
I know there is tons of stuff for the AR series of weapons, but what about the AK? It would be sweet if I could figure out a way to mount a Sure Fire on my SAR-1. Is there anything out there like this that will make my AK more night friendly or am I SOL?

Thanks,

-Charging Handle
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 12:38:43 PM EDT
Joeken carries a lower handgrip with a rail on it for lights and such, but it's a bit pricey.

www.joeken.net

Link Posted: 8/26/2003 2:31:25 PM EDT
Thanks, that price isn't too bad at all. Being I have bought this type of stuff for AR's before, it actually seems pretty cheap.

-Charging Handle
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 6:05:43 PM EDT
I bought an M-4 type AR rail at a local funshow for $20, heated it up a bit, and sunk it into a East German handguard until it was even. Cost me squat and once you anchor it with the screws, its rock solid. Got one on my Saiga now too.
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 8:05:17 PM EDT
What I use on my Poly Legend, ORF/Bulgy AK-74, and all my AR's is a common 9V Surefire light; the ordinary tube light with wires coming out of the tail shaft which connect to a dead-man and an always-on/always off switch.

You then put Surefire barrel mounts on all of your guns. This allows you to swap one light unit between all of them: a fairly low-cost (for Surefire quality light) solution if you have multiple carbines with need for illumination.

Caution: Be sure to re-zero every weapon you put a barrel mount on.

Luck,

SD
Top Top