Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/26/2003 5:07:23 AM EDT
I just picked up a Russian 1P29 scope [an Iraqi bring back from the 91 War],does anyone have any first hand knowledge of these scopes or the value?I've mounted it on my Bulgy 74 but have'nt attempted to sight it in yet.I have learned that its calibrated for 5.45x39 [has the AK marked cam],is hammer and sickle marked and also has active tritium.
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 1:57:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Well post a picture already!
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 2:38:04 PM EDT
[#2]
the prices I have seen on them is around the 300 dollar price range.
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 3:19:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 5:45:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I brokered the deal to have the 1p29 manual English translated after years of waiting for one...it has been avaiable for some time now here:

home.comcast.net/~diamond.eye.pub/wizzg.html

While I have yet to mount mine on the rifle, I like the test usage it has gotten being mounted to my hand :) Very clear.
Lucky you having glowing Tritium, I may have a vial coming someday to replace mine. We'll see how that goes.

You are correct about the cam marked AK being 5.45mm A common misconception concerning these scopes is thinking that AK cam is for 7.62x39.

AK - 5.45x39 AK-74
PnK - 5.45x39 RPK-74
nKM - 7.62x54 PKM

edit to make link active
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 11:08:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Fistpoint, you got the last two backwards :)

(if you have your cyrillic encoding turned on,
these are the codes):

ÀÊ   '74
ÐÏÊ  RPK-74
ÏÊÌ  PKM
ÑÂÄ  SVD

The scope is great fun to use, even on full auto, you can dance the top down needle on your target easily (AK-74). I even shot down a
Radio controlled airplane at a MG shoot one year with the 1P29 scope mounted on an AK-74M.
Original brink backs are indeed hard to find, varying from $250-$350. There have been a few
semi-comercial brand new ones sold recently, just peal off the comercial tin plate to reveal the hammer and sickle! Good find Johno.
-C
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 12:33:43 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Fistpoint, you got the last two backwards :)

-C

Doh! I was just testing you actually(lies). The P=R, n=P Cyrillic always screws me up. I fixed it above.
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 3:41:41 AM EDT
[#7]
LOL, the fact that you two are debating the finer points of cyrillic scares the rest of us.

So where's the friggin picture already?
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 4:08:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 4:12:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Shit, you ain't kiddin when you say that is a copy of the trilux.  If I didn't see that commie lettering on there I would have sworn it indeed was.
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 4:38:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 8:13:06 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

chamberlin...you actually hit something using that scope???

for some reason my eyes find that unit as worthless as the suit sight l2a2. i can't hit shit with those reticules. they are fast...good for quick target pick-up.

Yea, I wouldn't want to shoot a precision target match with that scope, but as far as quick aquisition to the target it was made for (i.e. people), it does it's job very well.
Funny you mentioned the trilux, at this year's dry creek shoot we had a suit scope mounted on an M1A, but as most SUITs are 'demilled' we took my bright white LED PAL light and taped it to the top of the scope for reticule illumination...worked great for the nighttime dynamite targets. It could easily be done with the 1P29 too, except it would mount to the right side, as opposed to the top. I too am awaiting new isotope illumination for my scope.
Here is a pic with a blue led light for illumination....
-C
P.S. for pic 2, I should have used my Homer Simpson radioactive tongs!

Link Posted: 8/27/2003 9:41:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Thanks for the info!I've been looking for a PSO 4x24 with a 400 meter cam but I happened into this one.Fistpoint,I've got the English manual on the way.Chamberlain,great pics!The tritium element is active on mine but really weak [as most units are].I really like the blue,how does it affect your natural night vision?
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 6:37:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks-
The blue is just a LED pen light stuck into the side of the scope for the pics.... I would imagine it is not too bad for night time vision though, as it is a wavelength of light that your eyes are not that sensitive to, making rapid changes from scope to open eyes relatively easy.

-C
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top