Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/25/2003 6:40:16 PM EDT
fooled with guns all my life,but never got into semi-autos-now 65 yrs old. and want an ak,but dont know which one to get..
what do you suggest is the best for the money?
dont want anything fancy---want a truck and boat rifle that doesnt require a lot of care
THANKS
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 7:40:05 PM EDT
Sounds like another canditate for the Romanina SAR series of AKs. You should be able to find them a local gun/pawn shops. If not, you can have them ordered from a number of online distributers through your ffl.

aimsurplus.com/acatalog/Laminated_Stock_Romanian_SAR_1_7_62x39_Rifle.html

Get one of these, I think it will fit the bill as far as what you want in an AK.

Link Posted: 8/25/2003 7:47:43 PM EDT
I'm one of those that always thinks more is better. Get one of each of the AK's. I already have a rifle chambered 7.62, so when I buy my AK I'm going for the SAR-2. I'm told that the round is more accurate (5.45 vs 7.62). I'm sure I will eventually get an SAR 1 as well at some point.
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 7:56:25 PM EDT
5.45 is great, but I would still reccomend a 7.62 AK in this case. It's a plentiful round which can be used for everything from deer hunting to can-blasting and I'm sure someone who is used to bolt-guns and the like will find some assurance in it's relatively light but authoratative kick.
Top Top