Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/23/2003 8:25:12 PM EDT
Was at the gun show today and handled a couple of SAR-1s and a few MAK-90s. The MAK-90 seem to be a little more "solid" than the SAR-1 and somewhat more expensive.

Is the MAK a better gun than the SAR as far as accuracy and strenght, or is just all in my head.

Already have a couple of 5.45s, so this would just be for the 7.62 versions.

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 10:17:43 PM EDT
Both are serviceable and reliable... Comes down to preference and price in my mind. Being relatively close, I would go with the Mak90 myself as I do think they are a little better made and fit and finish is better. Than again the latest SAR-1s with laminate stocks are gorgeous.
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 8:37:38 AM EDT
I would go with the mac-90 also. The quality is better than the sar and they do seem to be more solid. The only con with the mac is the thumbhole stock.
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 9:58:22 AM EDT
Go with the MAK 90.....

After talking with CampyBob, the Chinese like to "forge" everything.....you won't find a tougher AK in my opinion....

And remember.....you can never have enough AKs...

KF
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 1:34:32 PM EDT

Originally Posted By krinkfreak:
Go with the MAK 90.....

After talking with CampyBob, the Chinese like to "forge" everything.....you won't find a tougher AK in my opinion....

And remember.....you can never have enough AKs...

KF

Well I'll disagree with you here and say I think the Bulgarian AKs are every bit as tough... but the Mak is a lot less expensive than an SLR-95, SA-93 or any of their ilk.
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 1:46:43 PM EDT
Buy the MAK, get the appropriate US-made parts along with a Chinese pre-ban Type 56 stock set (I think Chinese AKs look far better with chinese type wood, chicoms with Synthetic stuff look icky to me) and you will have a very nice Chicom AK.
Top Top