Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2003 10:05:39 PM EDT
I am a poor bored machinist with a full machine
shop (cnc) just wasting away,so if I were to get the proper approval from the "ATF" to produce some milled AK type reciver's
how many would you all want and what could I sell them for ?
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 10:35:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, they currently sell for $289 and up, available from The Firing Line. You might be able to sell a bunch, if you could undercut his price.

Though, at this time it seems pretty hard to beat Arsenal's SAM-7 in terms of price and quality. So, it seems like there is only a market for bare receivers.

Sorry, if this didn't help much.
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 7:08:24 AM EDT
[#2]

do some galil recievers.  seems that the hessee are hard to find.
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 7:17:59 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

do some galil recievers.  seems that the hessee are hard to find.

Good idea, I forgot about that. I read at a couple other sites that Derek Huffman was looking around to see who was interested in buying some, before he had a machinist start making them.
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 8:31:32 AM EDT
[#4]
I think the market could use about 125 Type II receivers if you want a project.  They would fetch about $350 to $375,
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 8:42:01 AM EDT
[#5]
what about some fal recivers Type 1 and 2
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 8:49:34 AM EDT
[#6]
I need 4.  Make sure you use the european pattern of receiver.  This will make you diffrent than TFL, since theirs' is chinease based.

Make a standard and an underfolder and leave an option for threading.

Type 2 receivers would sell out fast.  I'll even let you use the but end of my type 2 kit for measurements.

FAl and Galil will sell too.

I think alot of people shy away from the TFL receivers due to lack of supply and price.
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 5:01:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Gail reciver's now that could be good,has for
the type II euro AK reciver,anyone have a
print or drawing ????? I guess I could also
do them in  a 80% finished mode
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top