Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/18/2003 11:01:57 PM EDT
Went to a local gunshop to pick up something today and saw a strange AK. It was a Norinco "hunter." Really odd looking. The furniture looked like a normal hunting rifle, and the receiver looked like any other AK. The trigger guard had a strange look to it also. Anyone own one of these????
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 12:15:09 AM EDT
Chinese Saiga essentually. Bought one when I couldnt find a MAK 90...love the chrome bolts though, wish I had one for my AKMS....
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 3:40:13 AM EDT
And once you get used to the upward trigger pull, it is very smooth. Some have side rails, and some don't. Very stealthy AK.
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 3:21:04 PM EDT

An image from the Krebs site.

How much were they asking for it?
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 9:39:24 PM EDT
I don't recall how much $$$$$$. It was soo ugly, I didn't even notice. not my idea of what an AK should look like....
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 10:39:53 PM EDT
I realy dont understand some folk's very narrow views on ugly and pretty. I dont care for the checkering on the wood but otherwise its no different from a Saiga or any other hunting AK. The cut of the reciever ahead of the mag well is sharper than most AKs and would be a good basis for a Galil look-a-like. They also benefit from the chrome MAK90 bolt and Norinco chrome bore. Dont get me wrong, it still isnt a hunting rifle, and needs to be put back into wolf's clothing, if you catch my ken, but it isnt ugly either.
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 4:02:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/20/2003 4:06:27 AM EDT by WildWes]
I don't have one but if I ever find one for a reasonable price...

I like 'em. Conventional looks with the ability to take any 7.62x39 mag, something you can't legally do with a Saiga. I've read where the triggers actually make for a very "bump-o-matic" rifle.

More info:mywebpages.comcast.net/jfreeman246/Page_2.html

EDIT: link doesn't work but is the correct url, just type in http:// and what's displayed (no www)
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 6:13:50 AM EDT
OK, I concede, ugly is in the eye of the beholder. Surely no one is going to confuse me with Brad Pitt either!!!
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 4:11:48 PM EDT
http://www.auctionarms.com/search/displayitem.cfm?ItemNum=4783591

Thats the one I want, its a copy of the Valmet hunter, and has the peep sight on the reciever cover. Very very cool. A great basis for customization there.
Top Top