Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2003 6:27:38 AM EDT
How do you do this?
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 6:28:34 AM EDT
There is a little lever on the Rt. side of the rear site mount (trunion?) & it will not move at all.
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 6:37:26 AM EDT
The lever is indeed it. It's pretty tight, you may need to tap it (lightly!) with a drift. Of course you need to have the gas piston out first. The lever turns a cam that holds the tube in place. There's a flat sport on the cam that lines up with the end of the tube and allows it to move. It can turn too far, and block the movement of the tube, but you just turn it back until it works.

Once you have the lever moved, it will become pretty obvious how it works. If it doesn't work out, then check back here before getting the sledge hammer out.

Ross
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 7:43:04 AM EDT
It comes off of my '95 Maadi so it should come off yours no problem. You might want to push down on the gas tube itself and then try and move the lever. If it's been removed before then you should see a mark in the paint where the lever has rubbed.
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 7:54:33 AM EDT
I have a post ban MAADI that is super hard to remove also. After finally gettin the lever up, I have to yank like hell to get the tube off. It also takes an act of God and some beating to get the tube back in. I never remove it anymore. When I do clean it, which is next to never, I just run a patch up in it from behind.

The front sight post is also canted on this gun.
I took a hammer and beat the shit out of it, then adjusted the sights all the way to the left. She hits dead on now.

It is by Far the ugliest Ak I have ever seen. The shitty thumb hole stock is very uncomfortable. the weapon performs though and is my beater around deer camp.
Top Top