PARS INTL LOU KY
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 6:35:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/17/2003 6:40:45 AM EDT by Ross]
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 8:36:01 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 10:06:34 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Ross:
Nope.

mywebpages.comcast.net/jfreeman246/page-4.htm

Ok so where on the page did it say how to tell by serial number if it's pre-or post? I didn'
t see anything regarding that at all.
I have a friend with a MAADI that he bought in 1993 he wants to put a folding stock on it if possible. he should be able to right? anyone know a place with more info about how to tell if a MAADI is or is not a pre-ban.
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 10:36:14 AM EDT
If it's not imported by STEYR< SECACUS NJ. It is not a pre-ban. no serial numbers required.

Sorry!
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 12:37:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/17/2003 12:44:58 PM EDT by sfcret]
what coltshorty said, the ONLY pre-ban (89) MAADIs were imported by STEYR.......all other MAADIs, regardless of who imported them, (PARS, A.C.C INT/INTRACT, or CENTURYs) are all post 89 ban.

MAADIs are good AKs. and even a post ban one is worth the money to buy, made on soviet machinary....just change out a few parts with US ones, and you can add a pistol grip and buttstock. The RMLs can be made to look like a RPK wannabe, by getting a bipod for it, putting RPK furniture on it.....some hand fitting of the lower handguard is required to fit in the handguard retainer.

I got a RPM one (same a RML, except these came with a factory bi-pod) and added RPK soviet furniture.

Link Posted: 8/17/2003 12:44:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/17/2003 12:45:51 PM EDT by Ross]

Originally Posted By photoman:

Originally Posted By Ross:
Nope.

mywebpages.comcast.net/jfreeman246/page-4.htm

Ok so where on the page did it say how to tell by serial number if it's pre-or post? I didn'
t see anything regarding that at all.
I have a friend with a MAADI that he bought in 1993 he wants to put a folding stock on it if possible. he should be able to right? anyone know a place with more info about how to tell if a MAADI is or is not a pre-ban.

From the first paragraph of the webpage:
The pre 1989 ban rifles were only imported by Styer. The post ban rifles were imported by ACC/INTRAC of Knoxville,TN, Pars International Corp. of Louisville,KY and Century Arms International of St. Albins,Vermont.

If it's post-ban, it can't have a folding stock, pistol grip, threaded barrel, bayo lug, or any other evil feature. Thumbhole only allowed.

If the right number of US parts have been added, then it is now a US gun and may have one evil feature.

Unless a gun was already in a "pre-ban" (i.e. two or more evil features) configuration when the 94 ban took effect (to be grandfathered), it will now and forever be a post-ban.

The short answer is unless it's a Steyr, he's out of luck.

Ross
Top Top