Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/13/2003 6:02:05 AM EDT
Hey guys Ive been meaning to post this here but always forget.Does a 7.62x39 AK leave a lite bruise on yall arm(shoulder) when shooting 100-200 rnds.Now this is wearing a T-shirt or Tank top .I notice this when I shot my Bulgie and SSR85B  lately.The butstock has the plate with the raised ridges.It leaves a bruise on my arm for a couple days.The rifle don't have no real kick to me.The reason I ask is my Father died from a Rare blood diease (ITP) .It was when his blood platelets would drop real low and he would bruise real easy.Seeing the bruises on me got me to thinking!!!!?????? Bottom line does the AK leave a bruise on yall arm after shooting with a T shirt on???Thanks WarDawg
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 6:48:13 AM EDT
[#1]
No bruising here. It could be related to how you shoulder the rifle, but with a possible heredetary blood disease in the family, I'd think you'd want to have yourself checked out anyway.
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 6:49:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Only when I hold it wrong...

Using an AK as a medical diagnosis instrument ... who knew!
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 6:52:07 AM EDT
[#3]
I think you will not have peace of mind on this until you consult your Dr.  No bruising here. The mauser on the other hand leaves a sore shoulder for 3 days.
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 7:35:34 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Only when I hold it wrong...

Using an AK as a medical diagnosis instrument ... who knew!

Yeah I will tell him that....Thats was funny :)Thanks WD , The many uses of the AK......
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 7:36:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 7:52:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Campy would say the solution to that is sell the 7.62x39 and buy a 5.45 or just shot the 7.62 during the winter hehe. Like I said before, that AMD-65 of mine is a cheek slapin' son of a gun.
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 8:50:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 8:51:33 AM EDT
[#8]
No bruises, but lots of burns on my right arm. Being a lefty all those hot shell casings like to burn the hell out of me when bumping. Of course the solution is to put on a long sleeve shirt, which I remember only later on.  
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 9:21:34 AM EDT
[#9]
I have never been bruised by an AK, but then I have shot up to 200 rounds of 8mm Mauser without problem either.

I think it comes down to how you hold the rifle to your shoulder.
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 9:38:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Campy.....I thought FAL's were smooth shooters due to the gas action? My HK91 (HK roller-lock action) beats the *rap out of me......what great fun!!!! My buddie's HK51 FA, 9" barrel is the baddest boy I've had the pleasure to shoot.  
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 9:41:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 10:48:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Wardog, Where in GA are you? Used to live in hinesville but now in NY (unfortunatly)Planning on moving back down when I retire.

Anyhow, as a medic, i say you should have a platlet count and CBC done by a doc or lab to make sure your bruising isnt pathologic. Depending on your size/weight/musclemass it may or may not be normal. My wife bruises from an AR and I can shoot 30.06 all day long with no bruises.
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 11:28:07 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Wardog, Where in GA are you? Used to live in hinesville but now in NY (unfortunatly)Planning on moving back down when I retire.

Anyhow, as a medic, i say you should have a platlet count and CBC done by a doc or lab to make sure your bruising isnt pathologic. Depending on your size/weight/musclemass it may or may not be normal. My wife bruises from an AR and I can shoot 30.06 all day long with no bruises.

Im in Middle Ga. Macon/ Forsyth area.I go for my yearly check up in a week or two.Im going to say something to my Doc then. My wife has a BA in nursing.Shes a Registered nurse.The last time I said something to her about a medical condition ,( blood in stool )  the next thing you know it a Doc was giving me a IV and gasmask, and then I had something SHOVED up my A$$.They did a lower check on me . Im leary about that woman.LOL.... I use to not bruise easyly.Ive shot garands and 1903's all day long and barely a scratch.But the Bulgie has the raised ridges on the buttstock and I was shooting with it on my bare skin... Thanks guys, I'll get it checked out.WarDawg
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 11:38:47 AM EDT
[#14]
The only guns that have bruised me lately are my 870 and my brother's 7MM Mag (very light weight). I think Shaggy's HK53 might have done it after a few more mags though.

Good luck on the checkup, BTW! Hopefully everything's OK.
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 6:25:36 PM EDT
[#15]
I usually get some sort of light bruising when shooting rapid fire with the AK's, AR's, FAL's, etc.  No pain...just discoloration.
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 6:32:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 10:44:10 PM EDT
[#17]
I get some bruising but no pain from the SKS and the AR shooting similar quantities.  Shooting 12 gauge slugs bruise and stay sore for a few days.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top