Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/9/2003 8:32:53 AM EDT
I just got back from the gun show. I went to get an "AK" but got a little overwhelmed with the millions of variations and models. I am looking at the $400 price range, so that is definitely going to be a post-ban. The three models I came across are the:
Norinco MAK-90 for $435
Romanian AK-47 for $350
American made MAK-90 manufactured by ITM for $380

The Norinco and the ITM looked like they were in the best condition. Do these prices look fair? Should I stay away from a particular manufacturer?
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 12:10:35 PM EDT
The Mak 90 price is a little too high. I usually see them for $350-$375 and NIB for $400.

The Romanian Sar is about right in price.
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 1:15:39 PM EDT
The Mac 90 on an ITM(OOW) is a kit build. Depends on who built it whether it is priced right. You can get the kits for around $99. The receivers are are $65 or so.

Mike
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 2:25:26 PM EDT
thanks for all the feedback. I was sceptical on the ITM because the guy that was selling (private sale) said it was a preba which I highly doubt for the $380 price. It did look nice. Had a good finish and dragunov stock. I think I am going to go back tomorrow and get the Norinco MAK90.
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 3:13:44 PM EDT
I had an MAK-90 which I traded in for an SAR-1. I did it for looks - no hassle way to get the pistol grip stock. The MAK was finished nicer, had a better (double-hook) trigger, thicker metal, etc. The wood wasn't all that great. In the end though, I really *wanted* the pistol grip stock, and I don't regret it one minute. It's hard to beat the SAR-1(2,3) for value, *if* you're not expecting build quality on par with AR's. The SAR's are reliable shooters and I expect no problems from mine for a long time to come. Due to the wide availability of these rifles, there's also a wealth of knowledge out there as well as spare parts.
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 3:15:56 AM EDT
There are no preban ITM receivers.

Mikew
Top Top