Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/6/2003 3:34:42 PM EDT
I was looking at the krebs ar-15 a-2 style peep sight for the ak-47.I would like to know how does this sight attach to a vepr k.Thanks
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 4:14:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 4:17:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I think he's talking about the AR-type sights Campster.
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 9:29:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 10:41:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Doesn't that cover fit a bit too loose to use for a sight mount?
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 12:00:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Most people consider them too lose to hold zero. Removing it for cleaning would also throw off zero.
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 2:27:54 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Most people consider them too lose to hold zero. Removing it for cleaning would also throw off zero.

Its a freakin AK...  how much play do you have in your receiver cover?  Mine maybe a mm, if that... What kind of effect is that going to have at 100 yards shooting Wolf?
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 2:42:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Shooting Wolf, you probably wouldn't notice the difference.
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 3:23:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 3:31:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Just an FYI...Kreb's recommends not using the AR-15 style peep sight on Romanian rifles.
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 5:48:53 PM EDT
[#10]
This is the response i got from krebs.

Our AR15-style rear sight is attached to the receiver cover with screws.  However, the rear of the recoil spring guide assembly must also be modified to stabilize the receiver cover.
    If you have access to a gunsmith or a machinist, there are instructions for installing and modifying both parts that accompany the parts, or you could send your parts to us and have us do the work.  
    The sight itself is $65, and installation would be another $65, plus about $10 for shipping the parts back to you.
    Please keep in mind that this is the rear sight WITHOUT the Picatinny rail section in front of it.
    If you'd like to discuss this, or order the parts, feel free to call us at 847-487-7776.
    Thank you for your interest in Krebs Custom.

Brian J. Conrad
Manager
Krebs Custom, Inc.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 11:18:17 AM EDT
[#11]
I work part time with Brian at another gunshop, that Krebs A2 peep sight is ingenious! Basically you lock down recoil spring guide with an allen screw. I got a chance to see their railed version on their KTR-03 rifle. Pretty awesome.

www.krebscustom.com/
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top