Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/5/2003 9:59:26 AM EDT
Troy Sellars had a few Maadi Rifles in his inventory about 8 months ago.  These were Egyptian AK rifles that he found in a local gun distributors warehouse.  After talking to him and seeing them, I just needed one for my collection.  I asked him to hold one for me until I could get around to getting it from him.

I lucked out.....

Soupbowl Enterprises furniture, Red Star Arms trigger group, with a new Moly Teflon over phospate finish.....

Link Posted: 8/5/2003 12:24:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Sweet! Should fit into your collection rather well!
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 12:30:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 1:51:17 PM EDT
[#3]
That is SICK-in a good way of course!
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 2:42:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Krinkfreak,

I too have a maddi RPM I bought from Troy when I lived in TN.  I bought a Russian RPK bipod for it but its too long and will hit the handguard when installed. Also the diameter (I.D.) on the barrel mount is too large. Do you know whose bipod Troy used?  I want to get mine completed with the "right" RPK look.

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 3:21:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Intrac imported 1,100 rifles with these factory bipods. For some reason the ATF said "NO MORE."
I only got four of these and they are all gone.
Sorry guys.

Troy Sellars
IN RANGE inc.
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 3:38:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Pics are down for me, nooooooo!
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 9:19:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Gerrtings,

Nice to hear there are some other MADDI fans out there. Mine is marked as follows:

Right side:  A.C.C. INT / INTRAC
               KNOX. TN.
                 EGYPT

Left side:   RPM SEMI AUTOMATIC RIFLE
               Caliber 7.62 X 39
                  MADDI COMPANY
                  MADE IN EGYPT

There is another marking on the left side of the rear sight block that looks like a bowling pin in a "Chair" with a "94" in the lower half

It is a 20" standard weight barrel (not 16")
and has a nut tack welded on the muzzle.
I've changed the regulation 6 parts and put on it a club-foot stock and a bipod to turn it into an RPK. Have a couple of leads on some good deals on 75 round drums to complete the look.

Interesting to hear that they only got 1,100 of these in before they put the kabosh on the importation of these.
The stock set needed a bit of careful fitting, especially on the forend section, but it looks  great and shoots pretty well too. I know where there is one ore stock set available, last time
i saw it i think it was like $48.00 or so.
The Bipod i have is the one in CDNN advertised as the AK/RPK Bipod, fold over clamp on.
It looks very close to the one i have in a picture in a weapons book, and from the pics i have found on the web.

I will have a pic up on a link this week.

KyARGuy
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 4:24:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Now that I can see the pics, I must say I don't care for the furniture. It just doesn't look like wood that belongs on a gun. Too much of a dining room table look, IMO.

It's a nice rifle by itself though.
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 4:44:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Here is a picture of the Maddi RPM(RPK)clone
i put together.
Still need to get a 75rnd drum for it to complete the project.

Link Posted: 8/7/2003 7:00:10 AM EDT
[#10]
The wood on the rifle is different from what you would normally see on a Maadi Rifle, but the pictures don't do it justice.  You really have to handle the rifle to see the time and effort InRange put into customizing it.

Considering the fact that it used to look something like this....

Link Posted: 8/7/2003 4:20:39 PM EDT
[#11]
I dunno, I think some Russian RPK furniture would be the best thing for it. It does look like a very fine weapon, I just can't get over how bland the wood looks compared to, say, laminate stuff or even other solid woods.

Edited to add:  Kyarguy, that is one of the nicest looking RPK clones I've seen yet! If I were you I would skip the drum though and use 40-rounders instead. The full, wicked, RPK profile is achieved only with 40s, IMO.  
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 8:47:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Krink,

YIKES!!  That Pic is almost scary...that wood, WOAA...
The gun looks 1000% better now...good job!!

Ajer,

Thanks!!  I like it alot.Looks pretty cool on the coffee table too. I have a couple of
40's set aside for it too. Might pick them up this week. Will try to get to the range sometime soon to shoot it a bit.

KyARGuy
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 9:29:41 PM EDT
[#13]
I like 'em both! As for the Soupbowl furniture, it does look as if it would be quite comfortable to shoulder--Krinkfreak should know...I do believe he has an NHM91 or two with Ruskie furniture (or am I mistaken?)

Kyarguy, you gotta pick up some Bulgarian 40 round waffles!! As far as asthetics go, they are as sweet as drums! Oh how I wish I had a digi-cam to show ya'll pics of my NHM91.For looks I can't decide between the Ruskie/Euro drum and the Bulgie 40 round waffles. The 100 round Chinese drum is slick due to size, for 75's I prefer the rake of the Russian design.

Once I yank the flash hider and *weld* a brake on I'll shoot some pics and post 'em.........
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top