Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/3/2003 6:07:16 PM EDT
Just my humble collection of AKs, I need one more AK74 to round out the collection, hoping to get one of the new black AK74s from Global in a couple months:

Both of my Arsenal SA M-7s with original length buttstocks

VEPR K

Norinco MAK-90 (my first AK, my father got it for me for my 21st birthday as a present back in 1993 while I was still in the Marine Corps)

Romanian SAR-2

Link Posted: 8/3/2003 6:08:55 PM EDT
[#1]
VERY nice group you've got there !!
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 8:00:32 PM EDT
[#2]
looks like quality all the way.   how does the vepr really stack up to the others?  is it that much more accurate or not?
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 8:13:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Very nice. Makes me realize how many other AKs I need to get....
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 1:27:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Nice collection! Man, the Vepr's just seem to keep growing on me...I've fought them off for quite some time now... The waffle mags really compliment them!
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 5:37:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Nice, and another reminder that my 16 Bulgy waffle 5.56 mags need a home.
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 5:50:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Hey new guy question, what is the deal with the VEPR's?  I had seen several on gunbroker and was plotting on picking one up before I dropped the cash on a SAR1.

Are they original russian like the ak103's or what?
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 6:18:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the complements.  The VEPR is an awesome rifle for the money, groups are quite a bit tighter than those compared to the SARs and MAKs that I have owned.  The action is extreemly smooth, the attention to detail, quality, and workmanship is far greater than most AKs on the market.

I just can't decide if I like my VEPR or SA M-7s better.  I'd cry if I had to pick just one ;)

Link Posted: 8/4/2003 9:11:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Upper AK in upper pic, is that an aperture/peep sight like the Krebs or MoJo?
Rear sight looks bigger than the other AK's.
Or is it an optical il(conf)usion?
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 9:32:54 AM EDT
[#9]
LDH,

The VEPRs are made on a RPK receiver, check out www.robarm.com ....Look in the receiver comparison section, it compares a SAR receiver to a Bulgarian Milled receiver, to a VEPR stamped RPK receiver.  The VEPRs are heavier than the standard AK, but they must be held to be appriciated.

DADMAN,

I have standard sights on all my rifles.  I had a MOJO on a MAK and a SLR-95 about a year ago and didn't care for it too much, not that it was a bad sight, just didn't "do it" for me.  I have a Krebs in the basement and have not mounted it on a rifle yet, but I will shortly.

Link Posted: 8/4/2003 3:44:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Looking good, take those babies out into the sun light and take some more pic's for us.
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 6:17:02 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Looking good, take those babies out into the sun light and take some more pic's for us.

Blaze,

I tried that with my last batch of pics and they came out looking like crap, the shadows were really bad.  More likely than not, it's my fault not knowing how to properly operate the camera.  Wish I could get my pics looking as good as yours  ;)

Take care

Link Posted: 8/5/2003 3:21:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Let me correct my statement ,find outdoor area which is open to the sun light but covered. That kills the shadow, I do mine on my covered deck. The images will always need a little adjsutment in a photo editor program like PhotoShip, etc. Have fun.
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 4:36:36 PM EDT
[#13]
USMC03,  You have very good taste!  Great looking collection.
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 5:48:39 AM EDT
[#14]
Thanks for the tips / complements

Link Posted: 8/6/2003 6:11:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Nice collection. I just bought a MAK-90 and I want to go with black synthetic furniture. I want to use U.S. made for my parts count. What stock set did you use on your MAK?
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 5:07:53 AM EDT
[#16]
XRING,

I got the Stamped U.S. Made (warsaw length) stock set from K-VAR.  The bottom handguard and buttstock took a bit of fitting, so get a file and take your time.

Link Posted: 8/7/2003 6:07:24 AM EDT
[#17]
What a nice family photo!!!! I just ordered a SAR 2 to complete my collection. If I weren't so retarded, I would also be able to post pics!!!!!!!
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top