Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/1/2003 10:32:02 AM EDT
I looked at a SAR1 this afternoon at the local shop.  I was surprised, I'm used to being sickened when I look at them but this one was pretty decent.  The wood looked like wood and was evenly stained, not just dunked in red crap.  The finish was even, not super but not the spray bomb job I expected.  Mind you this thing was no browning but usually after looking at a SAR it extinguishes the flame I have burning to get an AK style rifle, this one didn't.  Anyone else notice this recently?
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 11:05:07 AM EDT
[#1]
I think they are better, I just picked up mine a couple of weeks ago.

I saw some really crappy ones last year. I saw this one, and was impressed.

Theres a pic here...
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=64&t=56849
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 3:29:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Clearly better than the 1999-2000 period. But I still say that it is fair to pay up to $50 more to handpick at a shop/show compared to rolling the dice on an order if you have a choice.
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 8:02:32 PM EDT
[#3]
The laminated stock one I just picked up for $319.00 was straight, no canting and it shoots great.  The finish is about typical for an SAR
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top