Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2003 7:19:04 PM EDT
I recieved a black Blackjack recoil buffer from AIM and am going to install it. It came with no instructions and even after looking at a Romanian AK website that everyone reccommends I still have a question. And that is, in which direction should the buffer face? By that I mean inside the buffer are two slanted symmetrical cuts in the neoprene. Which way do they face? My question is kind of hard to put into words but do the slants point toward the front sites or away from them? Thanks in advance for the help.
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 8:30:44 PM EDT
No advice? Come on...somone here has to know what I'm talking about...afterall, aren't some of you guys AK-junkies? Just looking for some help...
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 9:12:32 PM EDT
The recoil buffer slants are to the rear of the receiver. The buffer is placed on the recoil spring assembly, and snaps into place on the rear of the recoil spring.
OJF
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 9:16:08 PM EDT
Ok I think I see what you mean. The slants should be pointing down and toward the front of the gun instead of down and toard the rear of the gun. Can anybody second this? Otherwise I will just go with it even if it is backwards...
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 3:38:56 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 9:39:22 AM EDT
Thanks for the info CAMPYBOB. Much appreciated.
Top Top