Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 7/28/2003 12:07:53 PM EDT
I just came back from a local pawnshop, where i found a Kalashnikov 410ga semi-auto shotgun, which looks an aweful lot like a regular AK...
It was only $240, used, and made in russia by saiga (or something like that).
Does anyone know anything about this thing? As far as i've heard, 410ga is pretty damn worthless...Are there any conversion options avaliable. Please tell me everything you know about this thing. Got any websites about them?
Thanks alot in advance
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 12:51:18 PM EDT
[#1]
www.saiga-12.com

I live on the 12ga board when I've got the time and money to sink into my favourite big shooter. Never discussed the 410 much though.

I know that the Russian imported 410 comes with steel shells and packs quite a wallop using 00 or slugs. Beyond that it might be a good squirrel gun. 410 is essentually the a remnant of the once wildly popular .41-cal (1870-1910) and is less an actual shotgun than a scatter shot rifle cartridge that found a home in the shotgun bunch.

I've got a converted Enfield .410, and with 3" slugs its pretty effective out to 100yds against coyotes, wild dogs, gophers, jackrabbits, the occasional Javalina....so I wouldnt call it useless, its just specialized.
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 7:30:49 PM EDT
[#2]
A new .410 Saiga should sells for about 150.00 dealer cost. I have one, they are fun to play with but a 20 gauge sells for about the same price. 12 guages are a little more.
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 5:33:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top