Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 7/27/2003 6:21:14 PM EDT
www.k-var.com/product.asp?0=211&1=215&3=136 for an NHM-91?

Also, will any of the AK-74 stamped stock sets work on a MAK-90?

As I've stated before, I've grown tired of the Choate and the ATI stocks that came on my MAK-90 and my NHM-91 when I bought them.

I'm not purchasing the required US parts needed to be able to put pistol grips on them.

Next, new gas pistons for these guns - It's a US part, and previous owners have oiled the pistons, so there's a lot of glazed on oil that's nasty looking and won't come off.

Probably going to buy Krebs pistons for them, but I might give the RSA pistons a try - Will the RSA pistons work for both guns? In that same vein, I'm assuming I should order the AK-47 gas pistons from Krebs, if I go with them?

What's an authentic muzzle attachment for a MAK-90 or an NHM-91?

I realize that my MAK-90 didn't come into the country with anything on it, so adding something won't be truly authentic - was thinking possibly one of those slant-brakes??

Tell me what you think!
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 6:32:19 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 8:16:08 PM EDT
Yup, planned to go with the RSA triggers. Got three of them for my Bulgy AK-74 builds that I need to send off.

I keep telling myself that I'll do it as soon as I have the Kobra sights for them - not that I need those to have the gun built, I'm just weird like that...
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 8:33:31 PM EDT
Oh, hey - what about the brake or nut for the NHM-91? What would you folks put on it?

If it's US, it counts as a 922r part, yeah?
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 8:36:14 PM EDT
Doh - forgot to ask another question:

My NHM-91 came to me with a crappy little scope deal on it. It's mounted to the gun by one of those rail deals that are welded to the dust cover.

Where can I get an original/authentic looking dust cover (don't like the ribbed Romanian ones)?

Along those lines, I do, however, like having a scope on the gun, whether or not it makes a huge amount of difference.

Was thinking about having a side-rail attached to it (yeah, I know, not authentic, when I'm wanting an authentic looking dust cover), and getting one of those side-rail mount scope rails. Which of these would you suggest? K-Var has several that I'm seeing, and I honestly don't know the difference between them all...
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 8:53:21 PM EDT
I think I'm going for the record of most replies to my own topic....

Anyhow, in addition to the K-Var mounts, what about the ones listed here that Tantal has:

tantal.kalashnikov.guns.ru/bstmounts.html

You're looking for the MTK-75M.

I like the solid look of it better than the one's from K-Var.
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 10:11:37 PM EDT
I've got two of the rivet type mounts on order from Tantal. However, he's out at this time and waiting for the next shipment.
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 2:04:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/28/2003 2:05:44 AM EDT by WildWes]
For stocks? What do you really want, and how easy to fit?

As for the glazed pistons, they function o.k. correct? I mean, I know what you're saying in respect to wanting everything to be top notch--but why replace what works unless you are going to go "whole hog", and buy the legal pieces to convert to pistol grip configuration?

On an MHM91 I'd try to use the Chinese RPK brake, provided the parts count issue allows...
(they do seem to work--check the Chinese forum for a link to Keng's--the price is right!) On the MAK, a slant brake or AK74 style would be an improvement in the cosmetics department. Probably more noticible with the '74 style so far as recoil reduction goes. Opinions vary.(regardless, the Kreb's pistons are probably the very best available and will fit both rifles just dandy)

Due to a recent robbery, I'm damn near ready to sell all but 2 of my guns. (one for keeps and one to "take care" of the guilty party with...)

Keep an eye on the Rifles and Parts forum, most of my stuff is Chinese.

any interest in a black polymer Chicom stock set?
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 5:35:27 AM EDT
That's the thing - I am going whole hog, and converting to a pistol grip.

Got pics of the Chinese stock set?
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 3:53:55 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 8:31:17 AM EDT
Also try gun scrubber on that piston, it's amazing how well that stuff works.
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 5:49:42 PM EDT
You looking for the SAR1 type scope mount? If so I took mine off, you can have it for shipping costs. IM me if ya want.
AB
Top Top