Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 7/25/2003 7:24:21 AM EDT
I just received what I considered to be a very rude phone call from a gentleman name Ron with Global Trades.  He told me that I expect too much and that he can't make an AK function like a Swiss Watch.  They will be issuing me a full refund and I will take my money somewhere else.  If they would have just called and said we will be issuing you a refund instead of telling me that my letter I sent them was ridiculous and that I expect too much then I wouldn't be so pissed right now.  Jimmy Streetman is a really nice guy but the rest of the crew are just morons as far as I'm concerned.  I should have listened to everyone's warnings about these guys.  I have learned my lesson.
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 7:30:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Must be a very wealthy company as they can afford to drive away customers.

Does anyone from Global ever read this forum ??
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 7:48:17 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm sorry to hear this,I've always had good service from Global.
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 10:25:28 AM EDT
[#3]
My experiances with Global have been uniformly excellent in the past....
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 10:50:27 AM EDT
[#4]
I always read these because I talk to Jimmy at every show....and I think the consesus is that Ron is an ass.....I have never dealt with him, but there have been numerous stories of his bad customer relations. But on the other side, what did you want? Global has made a lot of people happy, but it ain't about high-dollar fancy target rifles.....it is an AK...even the RPK or NHm-91 is still an AK.
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 12:16:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Having met both Jimmy and Ron many times at gun shows, I concur. Jimmy is a gentleman, Ron is a complete f@*%ing a$$hole.
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 12:54:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Not sure what your problem was, but an AK should run like a swiss watch in terms of reliability - especially a higher end AK like Global.  We're not talking about a $300 SAR here.  Accuracy is another story, it will never be a match grade target rifle.  But the freakin thing should hit to point of aim within a few MOA and it should go bang with every pull.
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 1:18:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Jimmy seems to be a stand up guy. Talked to him several times.As far as the owner, I heard horror stories.I have a SSR 85B and its flawless.Sorry to hear about your troubles>Best of luck to ya,WarDawg
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 1:23:25 PM EDT
[#8]
My rifle would not function properly.  I never once had any complaints about the accuracy.  The accuracy actually exceeded my expectations.  Go to this link if you want to know the whole story:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=64&t=56825&w=searchPop
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 2:16:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 2:35:11 PM EDT
[#10]
00 Buckshot, I sent my SSR56 back, they recieved it at 11:58am on Tuesday.  I called Andre' Wednesday morning and he told me they are putting together a replacement rifle and will have it out UPS that afternoon.  I called Thursday morning, and they gave me a tracking number.  Really fast service.  The rifle will arrive this Tuesday.  I sure hope it is properly built, and functions like an AK should.
I'll post the results as soon as I get it.  If it's not right, I hope they give me a full refund.  What are you going to buy to replace it?
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 3:47:57 PM EDT
[#11]
If I've said it once I've said it a million times: Ron is a dick. Globals stuff is "par" at best. I live 10 miles from them and I prefer to order my parts from K-var. You should see their builders.
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 4:26:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Plateshooter,
I'm taking the money I get from the return on this rifle and investing it into a preban Colt.  At a later date I'm going to look into an AK-103 from AK-USA, a Krebs, an Arsenal Inc SAM-7, or an ORF AK.  Never ever again will I purchase something from Global or recommend them to anyone.  I should have listened to you blazeone.  
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 10:30:50 AM EDT
[#13]
I AGREE..RON IS ONE OF THE BIGGEST ASSHOLES I HAVE EVER MET!!!

Their have been three separate occasions where I was going to the gun show to BUY one on there rifles but, each time Ron was the one maning the table and would ALWAYS say something to piss me off and I would walk away with the money in my pocket and then would order something from someone else. He needs to get out of the publis eye or he'll send that company straight down the shitter.

I spoke to Andre about fixing the problems that SAI elected not to. I wanted a gunsmith that was local so, god forbid I have to go through this crap again I can drive over and pick up my rifle and not just have to sit tight and take it up the ass.

I bought a beatiful PMKMS parts kit while I was there. This is one of the most beautiful kits I have ever seen. i can't wait to build it.

I'll keep you guys posted on how my rifle is fixed from them.

Andre seemed to be real sharp and was very nice.
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 11:10:54 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
for $500, the MINIMUM i expect in a rifle:

1: it is safely assembled.

2. it is correctly assembled.

3. it is fully functional.

4. the manufacturer will make reasonable eforts to correct legitimate deficiencies.

I got all of those things in my SSR85B and am very happy with it.
Well, except I paid $450 to my FFL.
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 12:53:02 AM EDT
[#15]
There is something seriously wrong about a comany that cant even get an AK to funtion properly.
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 9:08:47 AM EDT
[#16]
What I love about Global is the way they sell you slightly USED/REFINISHED parts, then tell you they are factory NEW! This happened to me on a large Bulgarian steel magazine purchase some years ago. First and ONLY dealing with Global!
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top